Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with these guys that have to violently change lanes?? My younger brother rides like that and i usually stay away from him because of that. I don't see what the deal is......My brother is just a mean asshole so he is excused. But i don't see the need to change lanes in between the line spaces at 40 mph. I saw this guy on a dirty ass cbr 1000rr repsol edition riding like a douche in true squid style. No gear what so-ever and such a nice machine filthy! I lusted after a repsol edition until i rode one. But the filth, what a loser.:headscratch

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
I will change lanes with a lot of lean just because the roads around here are so boring. Keeps you awake. But I don't do it in traffic or cut people off.

I also will swing way wide and wait till the last second in bends in the road so I can try to get some lean going in the corners.

Just trying to get off the center of the tires some.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Some people are just idiots and usually they are the ones you see getting killed on the roads, you should talk to your bro, and if he is an asshole like you say just nag the shit out of him, if you annoy him hopefully he starts thinking about it everytime he's about to do something dumb...and changes his mind anything is better than nothing especially when it comes to brothers, Im kinda glad none of mine ride...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Guilty as charged.

I do quick lane changes weaving through traffic all the time.
if I see divider cones with no cops on sight.. I weave through them.

I ride fast between cars in traffic.

i agressively swerve when i see an obsticle, sometimes even imaginary ones.

I go 10mph over the speed limit.

Yeah... It's me!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Guilty as charged.

I do quick lane changes weaving through traffic all the time.
if I see divider cones with no cops on sight.. I weave through them.

I ride fast between cars in traffic.

i agressively swerve when i see an obsticle, sometimes even imaginary ones.

I go 10mph over the speed limit.

Yeah... It's me!
+1 same here. Except maybe a little more than ten over the speed limit

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i don't ride a ZX10 for nothing!! I do rip it up and routinely break 140-150mph sometimes multiple times a day. I have a nice 18 mile ride to work with some nice freeway on\off ramps to blast off\on the freeway. I am no angel and i do try and practice my evade skills just in case something happens but some times all these guys are doing is attracting attention to there douchery. I mean most bikes will rip the snot out of most cages!

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I do enough just to get away from all the idiots on the roads around here.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm still working on maintaining a safety cushion on all sides, and trying to imagine where I would go if the guy behind me doesn't stop. Being approximately 42" wide with Givi V35 side cases, I need to behave more like an automobile.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm still working on maintaining a safety cushion on all sides, and trying to imagine where I would go if the guy behind me doesn't stop. Being approximately 42" wide with Givi V35 side cases, I need to behave more like an automobile.
i try to park on the right side of cars when im at a stop light so incase the dont stop i can get out of the way sometimes if you agressivly pass a cage they some times try to cut you off scary

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I don't ride aggressively in trafic at all....... the underside of a car doesn't appeal to me, especially me being under it. I have already been over one..... and I'll pass on doing that because of recklessness. I save my fun for the low trafic twistie roads around the edge of town, or outside of town.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
I save my fun for the low trafic twistie roads around the edge of town, or outside of town.
So what would you do if you didn't have those?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
I save my fun for the low trafic twistie roads around the edge of town, or outside of town.
Same here. I take it really easy in or around town then ride up into the mountains, away from ppl and traffic, during the weekend to get some real riding in.

So what would you do if you didn't have those?

Hit up the track maybe? :dunno

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I don't ride aggressively in trafic at all....... the underside of a car doesn't appeal to me, especially me being under it. I have already been over one..... and I'll pass on doing that because of recklessness. I save my fun for the low trafic twistie roads around the edge of town, or outside of town.
This is the way to do it...:crazyloco

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Pretty much same thing here for me as well.....

IMHO, overlly aggressive riders give us a bad name, and we dont need any more negative image.... I do go over the speed limit a lot, but I always use my turn signals, make sure there is plenty of room when I change lanes, and generally try to be a good ambassador for the motorcycle community while in town... :smile

The ZX11 is a Great White, and doesnt have to prove squat to anybody, so I enjoy just tooling along, letting the peasants imagine what if....I decided to unleash da Beast... for just a short bit.... :eek:hno:rolleyes

Out of town is another matter though. I blitzkrieg thru canyon, mountain and forest meadows. Scream triple digits on wide long sweepers, and generally run the piss outta my Beast and myself..

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
imho, overlly aggressive riders give us a bad name, and we dont need any more negative image.... I do go over the speed limit a lot, but i always use my turn signals, make sure there is plenty of room when i change lanes, and generally try to be a good ambassador for the motorcycle community while in town... :smile
+1

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Pretty much same thing here for me as well.....

Out of town is another matter though. I blitzkrieg thru canyon, mountain and forest meadows. Scream triple digits on wide long sweepers, and generally run the piss outta my Beast and myself..
Same here...... I just don't push my luck around cagers. If they are in front of me... I get them behind me when I can and put some distance on them. It's not much fun riding in traffic for me....... I want to have fun, not be on edge. :evil

1 - 20 of 49 Posts