Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2007 zx6r and just have a quick question.

It looks like the previous owner tried installing aftermarket mirrors by himself and while I like the look of them I don't believe he mounted them correctly. There is gaps in between the base of the new mirrors and the holes where the old ones use to be (so it looks like.) I wanted to know if there was any quick fix to this or if I am going to have to try re mounting them or go back to stock mirrors.

Thanks for your help, in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome.

I think that I can speak for everyone when I request pics of the damage before we start throwing our .02 on the matter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense. Will post pictures as soon as I get home from work. I probably should of thought of that before I posted huh? <newb move>

·
Registered
30 Posts
:headscratch What was he thinking with that one?

I don't see a QUICK fix out of this. To cover those holes it's going to take factory mirrors to cover them the EASY way if you axe me.

·
Administrator
58,569 Posts
I agree. Go back to factory mirrors. That would be the quick fix.
Another idea would be to find something in black plastic or rubber and cut out a base plate that would fit under the mirror mount and cover up the holes. Not sure how symmetrical it would be with that rear hole being so large. You may need to try and center the mirror to get a better fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm afraid to take those mirrors off. I'm hoping this guy didn't drill into the plastics or anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just went out to look... Most definitely did drill his own holes (from what it looks like.)

I can't believe it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replacing with stock mirrors probably won't even do the trick now. Whose up for a project of making a rubber base/boot?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts