Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Last Updated: 02/10/2006
Application: Kawasaki ZX-9R

- Links to the companies' website have been provided.
- Please post up if any of the links are no longer working.
- Any item that has been reviewed on the forum, has the appropiate link next to it.
- If you would like to review an item, please start a new thread in this forum with the word "Reviewed:" as the first word of your thread title.
- This is not an official list.
- ZX Forums is not affiliated, nor responsible, for any sort of errors within this list.

Brakelines
Spiegler USA

Clip-ons

Engine Case Covers

Exhaust Systems
Motad
Muzzys
TI Force

Ferrings/Bodywork
Catalyst Racing

Frame Sliders

Huggers, Rear

Lowering Links

Levers
Pazzo Racing
CRG

Rearsets

Stands, Front and Rear

Steering Dampers

Suspension

Turn Signals

Wheels

Windscreens

·
Registered
23 Posts
You missed some stuff:
Brake lines
Galfer / Goodrich
http://www.cyclebrakes.com/

Case covers and many ZX-9 race stuff
http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/default.asp

Exhaust......well Akrapovic was the best for the 98' and later ZX9's, but LP stop importing them into the country and so u are screwed. U can do my mod where you make the 2000 header fit the 98-99 head with a die grinder. The 00 on up u can just get the slip on. Muzzy's aren't bad either

Fairings? well I just like the originals, but huggers and undertails, just search Ebay

Rearsets... I like Sato, Gilles (look for EMA, only importer) and Woodcraft (see case covers)

Stands....there isn't any other than Pitbull IMO and u can find them cheap

Steering dampers.....I like the Hyperpro because it has Hi and Low speed damping that noone else seems to offer (but it mounts in a crappy way), but Scott's and Ohlins can be had in the 916 style as they are originally known. (for newbies, that is the current setup on the 2006 ZX-10)

Suspension....well now you are talking....2 choices only....Ohlins and Penske. Noone really runs anything else that I know of or suggests anything else. Ohlins are usually too expensive and the Penske's are real nice if you can find one for our bikes, I just got one off Ebay for $600 brand new.
Well that brings up the rear.....for the front have them revalved for hi and low speed and get a 1.0 spring that is good for a 190lb-260lb rider.

Turnsignals...Gregg's custom on Ebay

Wheels....Hi Point now called Carrozzeria, Marchesini, PVM ........all of them should be forged aluminum.

Windscreens.....ZG aka Zero Gravity...PowerBronze if you can find them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking for '03 Bodywork

Anyone tried the fairing set from Auctmarts1 I see on Ebay? They come painted and have decals......and look pretty trick. I just picked up an '03 that was low sided and need a complete set of body work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone tried the fairing set from Auctmarts1 I see on Ebay? They come painted and have decals......and look pretty trick. I just picked up an '03 that was low sided and need a complete set of body work.
i don't know, they have the exact same pics as d9industries, and both seem to say they are not the other! if you find out let me know i need just the right side mid piece and the v piece in the middle that connects both sides with the bottom..........you wouldn't happen to have those pieces would you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your looking for bodywork(fairings) I would stray away from airtech-streamlining, I know a few people who had a terrible experience with extremely delayed shippig and the fact their not oem specified without predrilled holes and fiberglass not abs plastic. Beware of ebay and cheap knockoffs they have been known to melt underr certain circumstances.
nicecycle.com
1tailracing.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was looking at some of those pre stickerd faring panels , but they dont get a good write up check the feed back on ebay . As some owners have reported poor fitments

·
Registered
235 Posts
they didnt start making frame sliders til 98, you have to auto-cross those... i know that you can use 2 different sets to make them fit your bike

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
There are frame sliders for the b-series ninjas, check the thread you made about them.
Also, rearsets from the 96-03 zx7 will fit the b-series 9's....i know a few places that make aftermarket ones for the 7's and not 9's but they are direct bolt on....I have a stock zx7 right side rear set and it works perfectly and even looks better than the stock zx9.
Samco makes hoses for the b-series ninjas too, i just received mine in the mail a few days ago and they are great quality.
There are some aluminum pipes available for the zx7, that bolt onto the zx9 also, for the cooling system.
The front brake calipers from 2002 GSXR 1000, gold 3 pots, are direct bolt on for the 94 to 96 zx9 forks, while the 97 forks already utilize a different set of 3 pots, they are both tokico though.
The zx10, i think 2004, rear caliper and mount work on the b-series swing arm.
There are a few aftermarket shocks available by a few places overseas for about $2 to $300.
For the b-series ninja 9's the best place to find parts is ebay and partouts on this site, but sometimes a good google search will show you more parts.
Goodridge makes kevlar clutch,F/R brake lines, they are stronger and lighter than the SS ones. I have a set and they made the lever much firmer than the stock lines. They come with all the banjos, washers, etc....
Some people say the b-series 9's don't have much aftermarket, but honestly, you can replace every single part on the bike (aside from case covers, but who wants to replace those since they are magnesium anyways?).
If you need help finding anything, send me a pm, i have a ton of sites that offer parts from carbon fiber rear huggers to magnesium wheels....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts