Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
:scared woooo......good find SV996R.......you get the credit!!! Good work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
wowzaz!

·
Registered
381 Posts
What is a good place to get Rear seat cowls?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aftermarket Research

I've been making some changes to my bike recently including:

Leo Vince full exhaust w/ Ti canister
Dynojet Power Commander IIIusb
Gilles Rearsets
Pit Bull Steering Damper
Misc...Bar Ends & Frame Sliders
PiTek Color Corp (via Ebay) full fairings
Moto GP Tire Warmers

I'm looking for HH sintered EBC front brake pads and will ultimately run either Dunlop or perhaps Bridgestone tires.

All of the products I've installed so far are excellent. But what I absolutey hate is doing research to find the best purchase price.

I've been using www.hardracing.com along with manufacturer direct (in the case of Pit Bull and Leo Vince) and of course the ocassional Ebay bargain. Can anyone refer me to any sites with great prices? Example: the Dynojet PC IIIusb is advertised most places for around $300. A few sites have it on sale for $279. I bought mine through Hardracing for $249 after they reduced their price down from $259 to match the price I had found at www.kwsmotorsports.com (I also bought my air filter through Hardracing otherwise I would have bought the Power Commander from KWS).

I always research sites like www.kneedraggers.com, www.cyclegear.com, and others but these sites always have high prices :banghead .

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

One last thought, finding paint to match Kawasaki green without spending $400 was a chore too, ultimately I decided on a custom color match at a local DuPont supplier, it's not a 100% match but awfully darn close, say 98%

NiHao

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
They make these here in Australia not far from where I live. I bought a carbon tank protector and it's really nice. I am yet to see a rear hugger but the guy does nice work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey ya'll know anywhere where i can get all new side fairings for my 01 ZX6R for pretty cheap???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Screw Frame Sliders!

Check out these "Race Railz" from Powers Stuntworx. They provide WAY more protection then frame sliders. My friend went down on his 02 GSX-R 600 with these and barely did any damage, considering the fact he went down at about 35mph and still drove 30 miles home....
Here is their website....
http://www.powersstuntworx.com/index_2.html
Oh, and no they do not get in your way while riding or even come close to the ground. (Not my bike, just the pics off their site...)

I got race railz already, just need to install them....

·
Registered
25 Posts
can I just add....

I was talking to the guys in the bike shop, and was informed that sliders and race rails, when correctly fitted, are great for track days, however, for street crashes, due to the obstacles around, pavement kerbs, cars, lamp posts, etc, when your pride and joy slides along the ground, it will generally meet with some object, probably with the thing you were trying to avoid, and no slider or rail will stop more damage, not many of those things on the track, so.. I see their points of view on that.... however, the crash cages, shown on the Power Stuntworx site look like they would help.. but then.. is anyone gonna start and attach big cages aroud the sleek looking fairings of the bike?, wouldn't that dampen down the look of the bike in the first place...
although... I myself have R&G crash protectors fitted.. so.. go figure.. :banghead

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW those Race Railz look crazy. Might just have to buy a pair myself=) This list of mods are great! Just starting out on my 2005 636 and already have a LeoVince coming - can't wait! Thanks again for this awesome thread!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need a right side fairing for a 2006 zzr 600 or 98-02 zx6r

If anyone has this right side fairing I need one asap........

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there anywhere that I can find custom farings or ones that look different form the stock 636. I don't care if they are race or street, but I want them to have different body lines at the back and tops of the side panels

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should check out www.freestyleingenuity.com and look at their engine protection cages, I saw these on speed on superbike and they look awesome and from what they showed seem to hold up and protect really well. I know that im going to order me some!!!/B]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exhaust?

What does anyone have for a recommendation on an exhaust system or slip on? :banghead Been a little frustrated with this one.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Where is the 2007-2008 stuff?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 07 ZX6R and i have been looking for a slip on exhaust. What is the best slip on for a ninja zx6r, i have been looking at the kr tuned, leo vinci, and the akrapovic tell me what yall think. And will i need a power command with it.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts