Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Aftermarket List: 2004 - 2005 ZX-10R

14K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Kawasakirob 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Last Updated: 02/10/2006
Application: 2004 - 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R

- Links to the companies' website have been provided.
- Please post up if any of the links are no longer working.
- Any item that has been reviewed on the forum, has the appropiate link next to it.
- If you would like to review an item, please start a new thread in this forum with the word "Reviewed:" as the first word of your thread title.
- This is not an official list.
- ZX Forums is not affiliated, nor responsible, for any sort of errors within this list.

Brakelines
Spiegler USA
HEL Brake Lines

Clip-ons

Engine Case Covers

Exhaust Systems
Area P
Jardine
Muzzys
TI Force

Ferrings/Bodywork
Catalyst Racing (96-03)

Frame Sliders

Huggers, Rear

Lowering Links

Levers
CRG
Pazzo Racing

Rearsets

Stands, Front and Rear

Steering Dampers

Suspension

Turn Signals

Wheels

Windscreens

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

My best suggestions are as follows:

The front brakes are all wrong -

Brembo 19 X 18 Master cylinder

Galfer, Speigler or Goodrich lines - take your pic - Use those for the '05 636 - Speigler has the best fit in my opinion.

EBC sintred HH pads P/N FA369/4HH - You will need two. They are the best - forget about disc wear and "warping" - actually dishing or cupping with these rotors is a greater issue - no worries with these pads from my experience.

For safety alone, get the front brakes right. If you are a hot rider- consider the ZX-14 calipers. But you can outbrake any DOT race tire without them.

Ride hard, ride safe, and all my Best,

John
San Jose, California

#3 ·
Hi Folks,

My best suggestions are as follows:

The front brakes are all wrong -

Brembo 19 X 18 Master cylinder

Galfer, Speigler or Goodrich lines - take your pic - Use those for the '05 636 - Speigler has the best fit in my opinion.

EBC sintred HH pads P/N FA369/4HH - You will need two. They are the best - forget about disc wear and "warping" - actually dishing of cupping with these rotors.

For safety alone, get the front brakes right. If you are a hot rider- consider the ZX-14 calipers. But you can outbrake any DOT race tire without them.

Ride hard, ride safe, and all my Best,

John
San Jose, California
How about EBC GFA369/4 'HH'?:smile

#4 ·
ZX10RHK,

Perhaps I am missing something - but EBC's '06 catalog does not appear to list that P/N. Perhaps is a special - all sintered pads they sell here in North America generally have an "FA" prefix. A "GFA" prefix must be unique and outside of their standard product offering.

Please elaborate - I am a tuner with some skills - but always in search of more.

Sincere Regards,

John
San Jose, California

#8 ·
ZX10RHK,

Thanks kindly for the reply. I knew there were other pads offered outside the States - how they differ still is unknown to me.

John

PS: You live in one of the World's most exciting Cities - next to San Francisco.

John
The feeling of the GFA is totally different with th FA pad,

you can find the option selection at the page 171 of EBC catalogue 2006 (USA version) for GFA 369/4

#11 ·
Before you spend the $$$$ on a Brembo master cylinder try taking the calipers off, removing the pistons and do a light hone on the caliper itself where the pistons sit. The problem with the 10 calipers is the pistons are very tight sitting in the sleeves which causes them to stick and also allows heat into the brake fluid which helps cause brake fade/spongy lever feel. Option B is to get pistons from a 03-04 ZX-6R and use those in the 10 calipers, they're the same size just a bit thicker in build and less prone to heating the brake fluid causing fade. Option C is getting calipers from a ZX-14 which is pretty much a direct bolt on.

If you're a street rider or occasional track day rider any of the above will give you an improvement for a small amount of $$$. If you're a track day addict then I'd go with the Brembo and honing the calipers otherwise the master cylinder is just masking the problem. If you want true SBK brake level performance then go with the Brembo master cylinder/HP calipers and call it a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.