Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 zx6r J model. Somebody before me put an aftermarket jet kit on it, but did it wrong, they had it on the leanest setting. After moving it richer, it runs better, but still has that "flat spot" everybody talks about. I do not know the size of the jet needle so is there an aftermarket (cheaper) version of the stock (5EI10) needle? Have you heard of other sizes used oversees (5E19-3/ 5E18-3)? By oversees, I mean not in US. Any information would be helpful, thanks. I should mention that I cannot do the bottom (richest) clip position with the shim because it won't go together.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Try synchronizing the throttle bodies and/or turning the pilot air screws out 1/4 turn (where they're all the same # out) and/or bump your main jet one size and/or put more oil into your air filter (assuming its oiled to begin with). All those will effectively deliver a slightly richer mixture.

That's not the best way to tune your bike, but it sounds like you're only interested in getting the flat spot taken out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct jet needle

I appreciate any comments, I would not want to oil filter more, but it is an idea. I may try it, but I want to be sure I have the correct jet needle. I should have mentioned that I did sync carbs and make sure pilots are equally turned out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts