Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
this will increase your compression ratio. i believe you'll have to remap your computer or it will not run right... but i don't know too much about that. with more compression you have potential for more power, but if you don't adjust the rest of the motor it may not run right and you may actually get less power.

·
registered member
523 Posts
need a pc3 and a custom map..

I have heard of folks adding gasket material but not removing some

·
Registered
55 Posts
this will increase your compression ratio. i believe you'll have to remap your computer or it will not run right... but i don't know too much about that. with more compression you have potential for more power, but if you don't adjust the rest of the motor it may not run right and you may actually get less power.
you will also have a tighter/closer piston to valve clearance.I am unsure of the tolerances,but I would do a double check with a competent mechanic to ensure that you`re not going to mess anything up in the valvetrain. Just my 2cents/humble opinion.
Ed.:headscratch

·
Registered
123 Posts
you will also have a tighter/closer piston to valve clearance.I am unsure of the tolerances,but I would do a double check with a competent mechanic to ensure that you`re not going to mess anything up in the valvetrain. Just my 2cents/humble opinion.
Ed.:headscratch
yeah, i've heard that too.

why did you have to replace the head gasket?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replace it cause i just replace my cranshaft and all bearings and the the mechanic told i would need new headgasket, and told me if i could get a thiner one for more compression, i just making sure this will happen

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do have a power commander but the map that i had before was full micron with stock air filter...and i need one with full micron and k&n filter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts