Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to get a D.B. windscreen for my '06 green 636. From what I've seen on various sites, Puig looks like what I want. Can't find pics though of the difference between smoke & dark smoke. Think the black would be too dark maybe.
Anyway; does anyone have one on their bike & what's your opinion on the shadeing issue. Or; does anyone have any other recommendations for other brands of D.B. windscreens that maybe I haven't seen yet:headscratch

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have one on mine in light smoke. The 10R and The 6R use the same screen. I love mine... and probably wouldn't go any darker.

Sorry, these are the best pics I have at my disposal right now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does the D.B. windscreen honestly make a BIG difference as far as wind resistance??

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does the D.B. windscreen honestly make a BIG difference as far as wind resistance??
I big dif in all honesty. When i had my 636 i had the wind hit me on my chest and just under my chin when i rode a relaxing ride. When the DB went on it would hit the top of the helmet and go over and i am 5'9".

When you tuck to go flat out, the DB does not let any wind hit your head and it just goes over you and you dont feel it at all.:clap

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here is the dark tint on the same bike
whokilledkenny - thanks for trying on those pics but they're not coming through at least on my end (maybe my server is demoing them??) That's exactly what I was lookin for too - pick of the dark smoke as I'm kind of leaning that way to begin with :headscratch :headscratch

I do a fair amount of 100+ riding when commuting to work & have also heard that there's a marked difference with wind protection D.B. vs. factory screen.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Huge difference with the DB...gives you something to hide behind. Definitely go with the DB... you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
whokilledkenny - thanks for trying on those pics but they're not coming through at least on my end (maybe my server is demoing them??) That's exactly what I was lookin for too - pick of the dark smoke as I'm kind of leaning that way to begin with :headscratch :headscratch

I do a fair amount of 100+ riding when commuting to work & have also heard that there's a marked difference with wind protection D.B. vs. factory screen.
Hey GM, they are showing as far as i know because most of the guys can see it from what i can see. If you go to www.trickbitz.co.za and have a scroll through there you will be able to check out some of the stuff and the two pics i put in here.

I had the light tint on my 636 and that was great because i found the dark tint a little to dark and to tuck and ride you look through the screen and the dark tint you cant see much.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey GM, they are showing as far as i know because most of the guys can see it from what i can see. If you go to www.trickbitz.co.za and have a scroll through there you will be able to check out some of the stuff and the two pics i put in here.

I had the light tint on my 636 and that was great because i found the dark tint a little to dark and to tuck and ride you look through the screen and the dark tint you cant see much.
Thanks much - I'll check that site out for the Pix. Appreciate the info. on dark/vs. light tint too :clap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.