Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, posting about the 89 zx7 again. Bike is running great. I bought flush mount turn signals for the front as the originals were gone. As for the rear turn signals, that's a different story. The previous owner hacked of the plastic part on the back where the turn signals mounted. I'm don't really want a hole in the plastics for the turn signals as they are in excellent shape. This bike used to be a show bike and has basically no spot for rear turn signals. I need a taillight that has turn signals in it too. I have looked on ebay and other places, the only aftermarket ones I see are for newer zx7's. Any body have any thoughts on this? Should I just try to make one?(i.e. drill holes and mount turn signal bulbs in taillight housing)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
not sure about the aftermarket for the older bikes, but I've made a custom tail light like you described before and its not actually that hard to do, just open it up and cut holes for the lights and get them to be somewhat mounted.
i did it on my old seca ii street fighter and the end result was actually pretty good! i also put some tinfoil behind to reflect more light out, which you might want to try.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Or you can mount the turn signals like fangs from one of the holes in the subframe on either side of the tag.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can order an RC51 led integrated stock shaped tail light and it will fit in the 89-90 tail section. It only requires a minute shaving of the tail section and drilling two holes. I have pics of my bike with a clear one here on the forum. It looks a thousand times nicer than the stock tail light and you can order them on eBay with integrated turn signals cheap.

Here is a link with pics of my RC51 tail light.
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/229573-post18.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts