Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
What is the best setting for the Ohlins steering damper. This is my first superbike (previous bike was a 500cc scrambler), so I need some input. Mine is still set to the default factory setting… and I don’t want to screw around with something that I know nothing about. I do get some headshake every now and again, but I’m not sure if I can do anything about that. The roads in and around Johannesburg are in fairly good condition and I push my bike daily to 150mph plus. Any advice will be greatly appreciated…

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
On the 2006 ZX-10R, I have all 18 clicks set on it. The Ohlins is $100 shy of putting some heavier fluid in it to make it so all 18 clicks means you cant turn the bars at all. At that point, I would set it lower. But the stock Ohlins on your 06 10R - max it out!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
after seeing threads about them developing leaks I looked in the manual at work and they are not rebuildable. if it starts leaking you just replace it. I had thought about putting thicker oil in it to make it work a little better.

·
Registered
116 Posts
after seeing threads about them developing leaks I looked in the manual at work and they are not rebuildable. if it starts leaking you just replace it. I had thought about putting thicker oil in it to make it work a little better.
no way, man.
you can bring the damper to your Ohlins dealer, they can fix it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All the way

Turn the knob fully clockwise,then forget it.:thumbup (KAWBOY)

·
Registered
515 Posts
yes, yes, yes, crank it all the way up, max stiff....or change the fluid to a heavier wait...stock is too weak...or just get a different one, GPR's are damn nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts