Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Added to Collection

16K views 114 replies 16 participants last post by  ninjanut 
#1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a second N1 to clean up and restore to its original glory. Needs some TLC but is complete. Only non OEM is the tail being painted green, which will get fixed. Loads of extras came with it as well, including Ohlins shock.

Attachments

See less See more
#85 ·
Still awaiting a few o-rings for carbs so decided to rebuild the calipers and install a set of braided lines. They aren’t too bad but looks like they have never been apart before. Lots of gunk in the bores and passages. Seals looked okay and pistons are mint. Going to run them through the ultrasonic cleaner. I will be replacing all the seals, o-rings between the halves and bleeders. Also rebuilt the master cylinder and changed out the diaphragm in the reservoir.
Font Metal Gas Auto part Fashion accessory

#92 ·
Started up and ran for 20 minutes to check for any fuel/oil/coolant leaks. Good news is all went well. Just need to take it for a shakedown ride around the neighbourhood and change the clutch cover (polished 🤮🤮). Change the oil to synthetic, install bodywork and get a safety inspection done after installing new tires. Can’t wait to ride this beast on the road.
I will try to post up pics and video in the next few days.

#93 ·
Started up and ran for 20 minutes to check for any fuel/oil/coolant leaks. Good news is all went well. Just need to take it for a shakedown ride around the neighbourhood and change the clutch cover (polished 🤮🤮). Change the oil to synthetic, install bodywork and get a safety inspection done after installing new tires. Can’t wait to ride this beast on the road.
I will try to post up pics and video in the next few days.
We're just as excited as you are. Except, you get to ride the fruits of your labor. Lucky bastard

• Haha
Reactions: ninjanut
#95 · (Edited)
Fired it up today to check for issues and I am going to swap out the fuel pump as it doesn’t seem to work 100%. Ran pretty good but the pump seems to be not keeping up at higher revs.
Figured I better add a pic to show where I am at with this project. Trying to upload the running video. Once all the mechanical issues are sorted I will reinstall the body work.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

#99 ·
I haven't mentioned it before; but, that Muzzy exhaust system is Sexy AF!

Reactions: Honda434
#101 ·
Can we get a video of this heavenly exhaust note?

#106 ·
#107 ·
The P is my daily. The brackets are powder coating done by a shop that I would not recommend. They originally matched the purple on the tail but one got broken and had to get all 4 redone. Yep, wrong colour match. I will correct them at some point.
RR was always a bike I wanted to put on the street. My second RR is track only so this gives me the chance to ride it on the street. Likely not much between them other than the CR transmission and FCRs. I may put a spare set of FCRs on my P at some point too. 🤷‍♂️
I cannot really choose one over the other.

#108 ·
Replaced the clutch cover due to polishing and leaking. Found out PO had removed the cover to polish and reinstalled without a gasket. Surprise that it leaks.
Had a brand new OEM cover so installed and changed the oil to Motul full synthetic. Need to pick up a battery today and get new rubber installed for next week.
This puppy will be ready to hit the streets very soon.
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal Nut

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Motor vehicle

#112 ·
This is beautiful. Only thing I'd do differently is the rear fender. Beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.