Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Well, hit another small snag in the restoration. Both fuel rail Ts are leaking at the o-rings. Luckily, I have a good supply of these O-rings. However, this means a full strip down of the FCRs to replace them. Also, the rigid lines between the carb pairs are 25 years old and broke the second I pulled the carbs apart! 馃槨 These lines are 3mm rubber fuel line with a small brass tube inside. Going to replace them and need to determine IF these brass tubes are critical. If they are, I will cut them out of the old lines. They are shown separately in the parts diagrams.
Good news is that the bike fired up right away but I shut it down when I saw the fuel leaks. Should have carbs reassembled in the next two days and ready to fire it up and run it longer. Stay tuned! 馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Carbs have been fully stripped apart. Going to install the kit throttle spring for lighter pull while I have it apart. Also replacing the centre fuel rail o-rings and vent u-rings. Have been able to quickly source all these pieces from a company in the Netherlands. Just waiting on the u-rings and I will reassemble.
Font Film camera Art Cameras & optics Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Still awaiting a few o-rings for carbs so decided to rebuild the calipers and install a set of braided lines. They aren鈥檛 too bad but looks like they have never been apart before. Lots of gunk in the bores and passages. Seals looked okay and pistons are mint. Going to run them through the ultrasonic cleaner. I will be replacing all the seals, o-rings between the halves and bleeders. Also rebuilt the master cylinder and changed out the diaphragm in the reservoir.
Font Metal Gas Auto part Fashion accessory

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Damn o-rings are hard to source for OEM FCRs. Sudco and every other Keihin parts supplier lists the wrong ones for the centre fuel rail and vent Ts.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Calipers are now stripped, cleaned, rebuilt and reassembled. Ready to install on bike. Just waiting on braided lines to arrive. Harder to source for the RR than I expected. Not the same as the R lines. Should be here this week along with the darn carb o-rings. 馃槈
Bicycle part Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part

Font Poster Menu Advertising Event

Camera accessory Camera lens Gas Machine Cameras & optics

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Part two of the FCR carb saga!
All o-rings replaced. Reset everything on the carbs. Reinstalled on the bike ready to test. Hopefully no more leaks (although no place left to leak). Going to start the RR up tomorrow and check for issues.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Automotive design
Light Gas Auto part Cylinder Machine

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Started up and ran for 20 minutes to check for any fuel/oil/coolant leaks. Good news is all went well. Just need to take it for a shakedown ride around the neighbourhood and change the clutch cover (polished 馃ぎ馃ぎ). Change the oil to synthetic, install bodywork and get a safety inspection done after installing new tires. Can鈥檛 wait to ride this beast on the road.
I will try to post up pics and video in the next few days.

Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
Started up and ran for 20 minutes to check for any fuel/oil/coolant leaks. Good news is all went well. Just need to take it for a shakedown ride around the neighbourhood and change the clutch cover (polished 馃ぎ馃ぎ). Change the oil to synthetic, install bodywork and get a safety inspection done after installing new tires. Can鈥檛 wait to ride this beast on the road.
I will try to post up pics and video in the next few days.
We're just as excited as you are. Except, you get to ride the fruits of your labor. Lucky bastard

• Haha
Reactions: ninjanut

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Yet another snag!!!馃槨 Darn petcock is leaking slightly at the tank. Ordered the parts to rebuild and seal it up.
Going to use my 7R tank to test ride it tomorrow. I will take pics and video then. Stay tuned. 馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
Fired it up today to check for issues and I am going to swap out the fuel pump as it doesn鈥檛 seem to work 100%. Ran pretty good but the pump seems to be not keeping up at higher revs.
Figured I better add a pic to show where I am at with this project. Trying to upload the running video. Once all the mechanical issues are sorted I will reinstall the body work.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Replacement o-ring, packing and gasket came in yesterday. Rebuilt petcock and all is leak free. 馃榾
Now just need to take a spin around the block to verify clutch functioning properly, then change the cover that is polished and weeping.
Wood Rectangle Font Beige Tints and shades

Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
I haven't mentioned it before; but, that Muzzy exhaust system is Sexy AF!

Reactions: Honda434

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Purchased from a forum member. Totally refurbed and never had exhaust through it when I got it. Installed on my P1 until this project came up. I knew it needed to go on my RR. Sound is incredible.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts