Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Just picked up exhaust gaskets so once the suspension is back on, the Muzzy is next on. Will post up this week hopefully.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
No modifications done but I did confirm that it is an 04/05 ZX10R shock. It is the same length as the OEM one that I have. Not sure but will continue to research it. Would like to use it if it can work.
I wonder if that'll fit my 06 ZX-10R.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Same length up to 2011 (338mm). The differences are the adjustment range.
This one is 338mm +7/-5. The one for the 06- had smaller adjustment range.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Had to replace the RHS switchgear as the starter button was broken.
Installed the OEM rear shock (rebuilt) and still trying to figure out the Ohlins piece.
Next up is installation of freshly rebuilt FCRs and she is ready to fire up. Then troubleshooting any leaks or issues.
Peripheral Motor vehicle Input device Output device Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
FCR carbs installed with new intake rubbers, new air box mounting plate and totally rebuilt carbs.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior Engineering

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Need to fill coolant and tank, then ready to fire up. Need to check everything over for leaks. Clutch cover is leaking now but I am replacing it once I verify that the clutch is functioning correctly. Fuel system is all new hoses and jetting will be the only adjusting required but I have a good starting point.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
As a matter of fact, I did. They are pretty decent quality and fit was great. They were a little slow to install due to all the compound curves. They are not OEM but look pretty good. Now need to install the ZX7RR tags.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Jet ski violet is the colour. I did not paint it, the guy I bought it from had it painted.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Began to fill the cooling system only to discover a warped/ leaking thermostat housing. Need to pick up a new one before moving on. 😥

61 - 76 of 76 Posts