Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well, looks like it will be on the road with green tail until I can get you to paint it purple for me! LOL 馃槀

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well, very slow progress. Swapped out the P1 motor for the original N1 after going though it completely and replacing top cam chain guide and tensioner. Completely cleaned, valves checked and Muzzy block off plates installed. Now that it is in, install carbs, and ready to go.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Going to be installing OEM 41mm FCRs instead of the Sudco set it came to me with. I will do a compression test just as a baseline before riding it. Motor only has approx. 10,000km.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Working on my N and H1 restoration as well as riding my p and living life. Hoping to have the RR on the road soon.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I have two N1s. This is my most recent purchase. Came with a P motor installed and Sudco FCRs. Also came with the original N motor and OEM FCRs.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Did compression test across all 4 cylinders and got 210-210-210-210. Very pleasantly surprised. Now I have the baseline for the motor moving forward.
Next up is install my Muzzy Ti system, carbs and radiator. Just changing the fork oil and regreasing the steering bearings.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Removed the shock that came with the bike (Ohlins) and cleaned and greased linkages. Going to install it again just need to figure out how it was set up (rider weight, spring rate).

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Did some research and discovered that the shock is for an 04-05 ZX10R. 12mm shorter and set up stiffer than 7. Currently measured the eye to eye and compared to OEM, they are the same?? Need to research the shock more to determine how to proceed.

RRRRRR
Did some research and discovered that the shock is for an 04-05 ZX10R. 12mm shorter and set up stiffer than 7. Currently measured the eye to eye and compared to OEM, they are the same?? Need to research the shock more to determine how to proceed.
I thought that there is some modification to the standard black plastic battery box piece to accomodate the ZX10R Ohlins shock?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
No modifications done but I did confirm that it is an 04/05 ZX10R shock. It is the same length as the OEM one that I have. Not sure but will continue to research it. Would like to use it if it can work.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Cleaned and greased all the suspension linkages and swing arm pivot. Ready to reassemble. Going with the OEM shock since I know it will fit and function correctly. Pics to follow.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts