Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay, IF I find another, you will be the first to know. I cannot fit any more into my garage or shop.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sorry i was referring to family pics?
I am anxious to see the final result of this N.
Sure was a gem of a find?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This one belonged to a ZXforum member (sixstring) who got out of street bikes altogether. Bike sat for about 3-4 years. I had told him years ago that if he was selling it to contact me and he did. Still need to go through everything and swap the original N motor back in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I remember Sixstring......he was all over the site and big into it. Too bad he got out of bikes......but good for you I suppose.
The bike landed on it’s feet in your care?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes, it was quite the pick up. Since I knew the entire history, we were able to deal pretty easily. It will be restored to OEM with a few tweaks. I will post up the mods and resto as it happens.
PS: your inbox is full. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Picked up a couple of pieces for my latest N. Just a couple of tweaks to make it unique. Also waiting on a few minor pieces missing from PO.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Gathering up parts to refresh the top end and get engine overbore. Going to replace all the cam guides while I’m at it as well.
Kit cams, adjustable sprockets, kit valve springs, seats and retainers.
Hoping to have it assembled over the winter and have on the road by spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Gathering up parts to refresh the top end and get engine overbore. Going to replace all the cam guides while I’m at it as well.
Kit cams, adjustable sprockets, kit valve springs, seats and retainers.
Hoping to have it assembled over the winter and have on the road by spring.
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just did a compression check on P motor currently installed and everything checked out within specs.
185-185-180-185 psi across the motor. Everything disconnected to get motor dropped out. Just waiting on a few things to get proper N motor built and installed back into its proper home.
Just need the damn winter to be over so I can get it going.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts