Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a second N1 to clean up and restore to its original glory. Needs some TLC but is complete. Only non OEM is the tail being painted green, which will get fixed. Loads of extras came with it as well, including Ohlins shock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is my second N1. One owned since new and now this one. Can’t wait to give it the TLC it needs. Sat for 5 years. P motor in it now but proper N motor will be installed soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very nice! Good to see the classics staying in proper hands!

Can you point me to the big differences on the N? I am not that familiar with anything post 1995.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frame is different. Adjustable swing arm pivot and adjustable rake, trail and off set.
Heavier crank and close ratio gearbox.
41mm flat slide carbs. Solo tail with different sub frame.
6 pot Nissin brakes. More adjustable suspension front and rear.
Not huge differences from the P but the differences are exclusive to this model, especially on the chassis side.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Different triple clamps with aluminum stem
500mm stanchions vice 480mm
Different fork internals
Steering stem nut
Shock
Shock mount

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PO could not find the enrichment solenoid for it so now I am searching for one. I have had good success setting up my track bikes FCRs with the solenoid in place and would like to try to duplicate the baseline settings.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just starting to clean her up and making a list of missing or incorrect pieces.
Rad cap, fuel hose, rad hoses, choke lever and clutch lever with perch and reservoir (Brembo unit installed). The odd screw and fastener as well. Off to visit my friends at Kawasaki Canada I guess! LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pics of this bike are in the start of the thread. I don’t have pics of my whole collection. Will try to get them together for a family pic soon. LOL.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts