Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -
I just got a new front tire put on and when I went for a ride today for the first time since the tire change I was getting codes. I believe it’s due to what I believe to be the ABS ring being on the wrong side. The tire is directional so either the tire needs to be flipped or the ring needs to be swapped to the other side. Is that possible or does it have to stay on the side it is currently on? Any information would be helpful.
Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tire needs swapping someone fitted it in the wrong direction, Don't move the ABS ring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the tire flipped. Now we can’t figure out how to get the engine light, F/L, KTRC, KQS lights to stop flashing. We’ve unplugged the battery and let it sit for an hour, have rode it around the block for a little bit but they’re still flashing. Any advise?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pull the sensor out of the fork, make sure its not damaged. Usually u gotta get the bike moving above about 7mph for ktrc to read the wheels and stop complaining. Around the block u prolly did that, so u have an issue somewheres. If it didnt happen b4 u pulled wheel, then something is spaced wrong or damaged.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Kawasaki's Fi will go out once it detects the Fault has been fixed so it still thinks you have an issue somewhere, Whta Codes are you getting ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have you checked the Air Gap between the sensor and ring ?
Front 0.9mm (0.035 in)
You can't adjust the Air Gap but if it's out of spec it will suggest something else is not properly installed..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts