1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am considering buying a used ZX-14...

One seller wrote in his ad about his 2007 ZX-14:
"does NOT HAVE ABS, which means you dont need to worry about malfunctioning ABS sensors"

Just wondering... is this a real/frequent problem on this model?
Or just bs "salestalk"?

Anyone here knows?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
In the U.S. I don't even think you can get abs . I've heard you can special order a bike with abs but I've never even heard of anyone doing this. I know this doesn't answer your question but I thought I wow would throw it out there .

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
doesn't have automatic transmission either
doesn't have tire pressure sensors
doesn't have a starter interrupt alarm system
doesn't have lojack
doesn't have turbocharger
doesn't have nitrous
doesn't have inner tubes
doesn't have steering damper
doesn't have big bore kit
doesn't have carbon fiber

doesn't have ABS

get the idea
ABS is a very desirable system to have on a motorcycle. When the front tire slides when negotiating a curve, the possibility of a crash is greatly increased. There are many reasons to have ABS. The malfunctioning possibility is BULLSHIT.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The US-spec 2013 ZX-14R can be had with ABS... it's about a grand more than the non-ABS model.

I wonder if it could be retrofitted to a 2012...

·
Registered
118 Posts
The US-spec 2013 ZX-14R can be had with ABS... it's about a grand more than the non-ABS model.

I wonder if it could be retrofitted to a 2012...
i'm sure it could. at ludicrous expense. I looked into buying abs bits from the euro spec zzr1400 for my '08. was gonna be half again what i paid for the bike.

why they debuted a top-of-the-line model like the 14r (or the 14 for that matter) without ABS in North America is something only the kawi gods can answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Def Sales talk.

He is trying to make up for the lack thereof on the ZX....
You will find it on ZZR models in Europe.
Seller wants top dollar.
One aspect you can bring him down on price, compared to the rest of 14's riding around in that part of the world.

·
Registered
65 Posts
From looking at the service manual, there are only few pieces that aren't already on the zx-14r, because the abs shares so much with the KTRC..

·
Registered
517 Posts
No ABS is probably just a sales pitch. If you have the skill & knowledge how to use both brakes, & when to use the front or rear brake, you won't miss it anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts