Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem gents..
I work at a tow company and made a offer on a bike we have. Our paperwork says 2003 but when I looked at it I knew that was wrong. It was re-vin in 03 by California chp. Must have been stolen once before or they grounded off the vin when they polished the frame. Looks like a 91/92 with 90s tail on it. So with no vin how can I find out if its a R and what year it is 91/92? This site been extremely helpful but is a bit much to wrap my head around on a bike I know very little about. I have a few pics of it as well. Can post if it will help.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Well for starters, it would help to know what model the thing claims to be, or some pictures.

We don't know if it is a 500, a 250, a 600, or anything about it to possibly be able to help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow my bad Haha. It's a 750. I will post some pics here shortly. The paperwork we have only says 2003 kawi due to the re-vin

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Look up pics of the available ZX7 models, and compare.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,444 Posts
Im going to venture to say its a 91/92. The ram air tubes in the top horns of the fairing, speedo design and the swingarm pivot point are my gimmes.

·
6,860 Posts
Yep, it's a 91-92. Subframe connection, upper fairing stay and air intakes are what I go by.

Nice Fox shock.

Can you take some better pics of the bottom of the forks and the bottom of the tank? Almost looks like an alloy tank, but cannot see it well enough.

·
6,860 Posts
To tell if it was an R model would be nearly impossible at this point. The VIN is the main giveaway. Here are the R model parts on a 91-92:

Alloy tank
Dual adjustable forks
Shock with reservoir, dual adjustable
FCR Flatslide carbs
FCR airbox adapter
CDI (Unique to only 91-92 R models)
Close Ratio Transmission
Higher compression
Bigger cams
Solo tail
Solo tail subframe
Exhaust hangar

One of the easiest ways to tell is where is the CDI? Under the seat or on the side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts