Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I know I'm new here, but I have been on kawiforums.com for a while with this.

I build a very unique "GP" style shorty exhaust that fits the 03/04 ZX6R. I call it the Pinebox Screamer. I have had 2 sold to guys with 05/06 bikes that are doing a header swap to install this. When I know 100% that it fits I will let you know!

Here are the options and prices:
Raw metal finish: $179 + shipping
Brushed metal finish: $189 + shipping
Powder Coated: $229 + shipping
Ceramic Coated: $199 + shipping
Powder/Ceramic coatings will only be on the outer tube only.
Here's a link to my webpage (cheesy AOL, I know, I'm working on something else):
http://hometown.aol.com/pinebox4u2/Pinebox_Screamer.html

I have built and sold my first set of 5. So, I don't have any in stock right now, but I am planning on starting another set of 5 very soon. If you have any questions, click the link above for more details. If you still have questions, PM me or my email is shown on the info (2nd) page.

For those that are interested, I have contacted beansbaxter about selling this on this forum. We have worked out a deal, so it's all good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been asked many times on the other forum.

The header on the 03/04 ends below the engine, so there is lots of room to work with. I've looked at pics of the stock header on the 05/06 bike. From what I can see it turns up a bit behind the trans before it ends. I just don't think there is room. But without having an 05/06 bike to work with, it's a bit difficult to design one.

Besides, if you swap to the 03/04 header you get rid of the cat that's in the 05/06 header.

·
Registered
138 Posts
dude that is simply awesome! sounds sweeeeeet too!!!!! good luck hope you sell many of them!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well so far, here is what I know on the 03/04 header swap....from what I'm told by the guys doing the swap.

-The header does fit. :thumbup

-The #1 cylinder pipe is real close to the oil cooler. If you dent the header just a bit it will clear. Then you decide to use header wrap or a heat sheild on the cooler. I woud suggest header wrap and wrap the entire thing. It does get a little closer to other things than the 05/06 header.

-The radiator support bracket needs to be modified a little, or build a new one. Just use a peice of aluminum bar stock (from Home Depot or Lowes) and build a new one. Shouldn't be too hard.

-The PC3 map I have doesn't work on the 05/06. Does anyone know how to convert an 03/04 map to work for the 05/06 bike?

Here's a vid, special thanks to TigerSurvival on kawiforums.com for this...
http://media.putfile.com/Pinebox-06-Kawasaki-636-Ninja

·
Registered
381 Posts
Could you post a vid with clearer sound? Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
that 05 vid is sweet! gotta love them flames:crazyloco But being so short wouldn't it just cook the exhaust valves? or is it designed with enough back pressure to be ok...? :headscratch

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you know if this might fit a '00 ZX6r?

I'm not sure. Check the location of the end of your header and the diameter at that joint. If it's below the motor and is about 1-3/4" diameter, it could possibly fit.

B_Green...it might if the bike was running lean. But I have a custom tuned map for my '03 so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm working on converting that map to work on a '05.

·
Registered
38 Posts
this is what i was thinking of doing to my 06 and then i found the ti force but i think i might go with this and just cut the 05-06 header i think it should work i will keep you all posted if i do this. oh yeah i am also from kawasakiforums.com 06zx6r

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well if you end up fitting it onto a '00 ZX6R let me know i would be intrested in buying one. get rid of the big ugly pipe i have on there now.

If you remove your side fairing and get a picture of where the header ends, I might be able to tell if it might fit. Just see if you can measure the diameter of the header pipe at that joint. It needs to be 1-3/4" OD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well i was going to have that measurment for you but the place that was doing a tune up onn my bike..... well it wasnt thier fault... but it blew over in a wind storm so its going to take a little longer to get it back. hopefully its minimal i kinda feel bad making them pay for it, even though its totally legit reason for them to pay for it. i just hate it ;).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts