Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off Hi to ya all, newbie here got myself a 1995 GPZ 1100 or ZX100E (as it's otherwise known...I think :headscratch) been looking online trying to find repair manuals for it, as I like working on my bikes rather than send em to the stealer (sorry dealer).
Question is was there any manuals for the GPZ1100 or is it the same as the ZX1100 D (only manual that came close to it and covered the same years)

·
Registered
34 Posts
welcome

hi there and welcome :smile
Im quite new to this forum myself also.

Anyway - I ride a zx1100f - same as yours just with the ABS option.

And there is a specific manual for it. I found mine on ebay - in Australia of all places! :smile - the shipping to Denmark cost more than the manual :lol

A search for GPZ1100 manual on ebay returned a lot of hits - here a couple:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/27056298786...ture&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3efecf8f54&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/37056429150...ture&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item56475a5baf&vxp=mtr

So its just a matter of finding one with the lowest item+shipping combination :smile Good luck with it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
note on side panel removal!

Oh and one little hint - dont take off the sidepanels without consulting the manual (I did and messed it up).

The panels are joined at the back by a small middle piece - so they are to be removed as a whole unit - both sides joined. This middle piece is quite flimsy - so breaks easily...

I've been thinking of a way to strengthen this area - will post if I come up with something that works :smile

(love the blue colour - wonderful! - mine is boring black... )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, and cheers for that Steen... I'd have just pulled them off when I did my weekly clean on saturday .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome Dyslexicdog, Hey I have gotten tons of info here and all the guys are good guys and will help in anyway they can. Nice Bike! we need to keep the old record breakers running and looking good. Hang with these guys they have all been there and done that so you won't have too!
I had the Org GPZ 1100 1982 I think it was,Fuel injection, Red with black and white stripe put about 30k on it and had to have the head done as a valve went then I traded it in for the 1987 1000R Ninja.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rear panel removal procedure

Thanks for the info guys, and cheers for that Steen... I'd have just pulled them off when I did my weekly clean on saturday .
You are welcome :smile

Anyway - If you really want to get on with the cleaning - the rear panel removal procedure is:
1. remove seat (of course)
2. remove all panel screws under the seat
3. remove grab handle
4. remove all external panel screws EXCEPT the two on the sides near the rear grab handle. Note there are two not so obvious screws at the back end going UP into the inner plastic wheel cover.
5. the entire rear panel can now be taken off in one piece by flexing it out slightly (careful!) and sliding it rearwards.

Thats it - happy cleaning! :smile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts