Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advance Kawasaki in Orange County, California has received a pilot production Concours14/GTR1400 and all parts are production so see it for yourself:

Photography by: Advance Kawasaki

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lucky you. We'll see the first one on May 15 according to American Motorcycle sales here in Germany.

But I can't wait, I'm still in decision on keeping my 12 and getting the connie or just selling the 12. Oh well what the hell, having two bikes never hurt anyone..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Two Bikes!

I felt like that about my zx12 when the zx14 came out. So I kept both now the GTR1400 or Concours to you guys is here so is 3 too much? No I guess not lol:clap

·
Registered
181 Posts
Advance Kawasaki in Orange County, California has received a pilot production Concours14/GTR1400 and all parts are production so see it for yourself:

Photography by: Advance Kawasaki
What exactly are you saying? If I'm not mistaken, these are the same pictures that showed up two weeks ago on ZZRbikes.com:

http://www.zzrbikes.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23190&highlight

It was also reported here by Tundra Tom:

Here's an interesting thread. It seems a modified (possibly a final production release) model showed up at a Dealer in Orange Co. California....where most of the cycle magazines are based :O. It had been ridden 1700 miles and there are comparison photo's from the show bike to this version.
Very promising!
http://www.zzrbikes.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23190&highlight
The article states that the bike has 1700 miles on it, and it seems very clear that it was not delivered to that dealership in a crate. Yet, you are claiming that all of the parts on this bike are production. How do you know that? This must be what Teerex51 was talking about when he talked about "hoaxes".

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What exactly are you saying? If I'm not mistaken, these are the same pictures that showed up two weeks ago on ZZRbikes.com:

It was also reported here by Tundra Tom:

The article states that the bike has 1700 miles on it, and it seems very clear that it was not delivered to that dealership in a crate. Yet, you are claiming that all of the parts on this bike are production. How do you know that? This must be what Teerex51 was talking about when he talked about "hoaxes".

The reason I gave credit for the information and photography to Attack Kawasaki was because the info came from them, per this thread...

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=82333

Take it for whatever it is worth. I am only sharing what Attack Kawasaki said, in their own post in their own thread.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had not seen that other forum (there are so many these days ...). Indeed, they do claim that "all parts are production".

But, when you say, "The production GTR1400 has started to arrive at dealerships", that means something else. It means that bikes in crates are arriving in dealerships for people like me to purchase. If it did not occur to you when you wrote that, that that is what it means, then you didn't think long enough about what you wrote.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had not seen that other forum (there are so many these days ...). Indeed, they do claim that "all parts are production".

But, when you say, "The production GTR1400 has started to arrive at dealerships", that means something else. It means that bikes in crates are arriving in dealerships for people like me to purchase. If it did not occur to you when you wrote that, that that is what it means, then you didn't think long enough about what you wrote.
Chill out, your wordsmithing is giving me a headache. If You want to piss and moan about nothing there are bike websites that thrive on it, this isn't one of them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Chill out, your wordsmithing is giving me a headache. If You want to piss and moan about nothing there are bike websites that thrive on it, this isn't one of them
+1

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well, was he pissing AND moaning because if he was only pissing and not moaning or only moaning and not pissing, clearly you have misrepresented his drama post and that means something entirely different than responding to a drama post that is both pissing and moaning. I think... ROFL!!!!!

+1 Big ups on the chill out message, bro.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Who is wordsmithing?

Wordsmithing has nothing to do with it. In fact, the whole point is about speaking the truth, plainly.

And the plain truth, plainly spoken, is that so far as any of us evidently know, production bikes have yet to arrive in any dealerships. That is plainly true, is it not?

Now, here is some more plain truth. The other two people who saw fit to jump in, did so for ulterior reasons. To be specific, they are both "Harley people", and the rest is history.

And that is simply the plain truth of the matter. As you can tell, I have a special fondness for plain truth. Not "wordsmithing". Just plain truth.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wordsmithing has nothing to do with it. In fact, the whole point is about speaking the truth, plainly.

And the plain truth, plainly spoken, is that so far as any of us evidently know, production bikes have yet to arrive in any dealerships. That is plainly true, is it not?

Now, here is some more plain truth. The other two people who saw fit to jump in, did so for ulterior reasons. To be specific, they are both "Harley people", and the rest is history.

And that is simply the plain truth of the matter. As you can tell, I have a special fondness for plain truth. Not "wordsmithing". Just plain truth.
I also happen to actually contribute in a meaningful and postitive way to this board and try to keep away from nitpicking other guys (especially the admin) on the board. Remember these folks are just sharing the info they are receiving... for whatever that info is or is not worth. Could your post have been better worded (like your earlier post that offended us "Harley people" - classic generalization, but I digress)? Yes, it could have. You come across a bit preachy and holier than thou art, my friend. And nobody, especially bikers/motorcyclists, appreciate such tones. IMHO it's a question of "netiquette" not of "truth". As they say, you'll catch more flies with honey then you will with vinegar. In any event:

Thread RE-RAILING ATTEMPT.

Thanks again for the link beans, my father wants to trade his M109Rfor the Concours. He can't stop talking about it. In fact, he was going to go to Kawi dealerships here in Vegas this week and see if anything can be done. If he is successful (and the dealerships are in fact delivering the Concours) I'll share whatever info I have on his pursuits!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I called the Owner of Advanced Kawi last week. He claimed that the C-14 that showed up at his dealership was still a pre-production test Model.
I started to mention some of the changes compared to the "show" bike but he simply said kawi is still working on it. I also asked if the Magazines were testing that bike and was told no, they were not.
The kicker came when I inquired about ordering one in Diablo Black, he told me they were only available in silver. We then both went to the web site and I pointed out the color choices, he said the Diablo Black referred to the Black sections of the Silver C-14. I said to him that there are pictures of all Black C-14's in Europe and he just rambled on about that is how Kawi denotes the colors for two tone models.:runaway
IMHO he doesn't know anything about the status of the C-14 or what the significance of the newer styled Concours that showed up at his Dealership was. Too bad, I was hoping for some insight into the "tester" in the pictures.

On an off note: what's up with the twit sticking his fingers out of his pants zipper in the photo's???:gay

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I changed the title of the thread...not trying to start up any drama or misrepresent anything...again I was just going off Attack Kawi's post and that's why I gave them credit for it.

If you feel I should make anymore changes, I have no problem doing so. I was just sharing the picture, that was all. I figured in the first post when I said " pilot production" that it was clear, but I guess I was wrong.

Carry on...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts