Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Looking to purchase a ZX11 or a 12.

I have appointments tomorrow to look at both.

#1 is a 1994 ZX11 - black - with 14K miles. Has a Vance and Hines exhaust.

#2 is a 2000 ZX-12R - Red - with 28K miles.

Both are $5K

question - pros and cons on these models ??

I am a Honda Interceptor rider (12 years ago) and have been away from riding. I always liked the ZX11's and have the bug to get one.

Also, I hear c model / D model on the ZX11's - what are the years of production and is there a major advantage to go on eway or the other ?

Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,

Limey.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I ride a '90 ZX11 and its a great bike. When I bought it 2 years ago, it had 10500 miles, polished frame, powder coated wheels, new chain and sprockets, slotted cam sprockets allowing degreed cams, jetted carbs, and a full muzzy exhaust. I paid $4000 and around here (chicago) I felt that was a little on the high side. But I knew the guy for my whole life and knew he kept the bike immaculate. There were cheaper ones around for sale, but not nicer, so overall, i was very happy with the purchase. However, $5000 for a basically stock bike with a pipe and 14000 miles, sounds high to me. If its an incredibly nice bike and you don't think it'll be likely to find a similar one, then maybe go for it, but it still sounds high to me.

I really like the ZX12. I've wanted one for a long time. The ones I've seen for sale are usually more than $5000. However I think 28000 miles is a lot for a bike. I would check it out and see how nice it is. If its really nice and seems to run and ride good I think I would consider it.

Now for the part that really pains me. I hang out at the drag strip quite a bit. People always compare the ZX12 to the Busa. Even though I'm a Kawi guy through and through, at the drag strip the Busa owns the ZX12. I know this is a Kawi site, but the Busa is a great bike and I've been considering getting one of those also.

Sorry I have no concrete answers for you but thats my 2 cents. I'd be glad to try to answer any other questions.
T

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

I am in the NW = more $$$

a guy I work with has a Kawasaki concours - 60K miles - no issues.

I think I will go look at both - then consider my options. There are pros and cons.....

Anyway - thanks for the input

Cheers,

Limey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts