A full days worth of mods

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bentz69 
#1 ·
two brothers black series cf slip ons
risers
driven d3 grips
ram gps/cell mount
12volt power adapter

I prefer the look of duals so I decided slip ons are best for me. The extra power from a full setup and a pc would have been nice but I just love the dual look. The sound has a nice deep throaty rumble. No popping while decelerating. I was surprised how much the oem cans weighed.

Risers are from ebay. Finish is excellent and they come with polished caps to put over the dampening adjusters. The one inch increase can definitely be felt while riding but im sure Ill get used to it soon enough.

I saw a "low height" sargent seat on ebay which Im guessing could provide a more upright seating position. Does anyone have experience with that particular seat?

Grips were easy to install. Wedged a flat head screw driver under the oem grips, sprayed some wd40 and they slid right off. Next I scuffed up the handle bar with sand paper, sprayed hairspray on the bar and inside the grip and applied some loctite super glue (made for rubber/plastics/metal) to the bar. Hairspray made the grip slide right on with no force and I wanted the added holding power of the glue. If they ever need to come off then a little brake cleaner will eat right through that glue.

I attached the cigarette adapter right to the riser. Its the battery tender cigarette adapter and attaches to the battery tended charger right off the battery (fused of course).

The ram stem mount works excellent. I made this thing very snug and its not going anywhere. For some reason I didnt push the ram stem into the tube all the way :headscratch I tightened it really tight and stripped the allen head bolt so Ill have to drill the bolt head off to get his thing out.

I just cant decide on the bar ends. I bought the driven bar ends but in order to make them fit you have to drill out the handle bar. Didnt really want to do that so I drilled out the bar ends and added the correct bolt (m8) to match the oem threads. The driven bar ends have a nut, bolt and piece of rubber that will expand when tightened. I just cant see how they could ever get tight enough and not fall out.

If you look at the end of the grip near the small green collar, youll notice that there is a grove in the rubber part of the grip. That collar is supposed to sit over that grove. If you do that, there will be a gap between the grip and the bar end. I figured I could live with a grove but the gap from the grip to bar end just didnt look right imo. You be the judge.

I think the oem bar ends look better with these grips. Opinions?

***started raining so no pics of grips/bar ends right now***

See less See more
1 3
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.