Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered k& l carb repair kit, float valve needle and seat, installed it and now it's leaking worst than before.. smh back out they come again.. I'm never paying another bike with carbs.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ordered k& l carb repair kit, float valve needle and seat, installed it and now it's leaking worst than before.. smh back out they come again.. I'm never paying another bike with carbs.
As mentioned did the o rings come with the kit? Make sure all the floats dont have gas in them because of a crack.
Take the carbs off and get all the gas out of them. take off the bowls and inspect.
Once you get the carbs all put back together with the bowls OFF but not on the bike, hook a hose to the fuel inlet that feeds all the carbs. flip the 4 carbs assembled upside down and blow air into the line. You shouldn't be able to blow air through. Keep feeding air into the line and 1 carb at a time manually open each fuel valve and air should start coming thru, then close and no air flow. Do that for each carb and make adjustments to get all 4 working. Also when the carbs are upside down make sure the floats are all level.
Its a lot easier to get all this working off the bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip... Yes they had new seals.. Recleaned carbs put them back on running good.. But I think I found my problem.... I bypassed my fuel pump and ran fuel line straight from the tank to carbs with filter in line because I was having issue with pump and didn't feel like dealing with it.. Any way I noticed when I sat the tank down on the bike, running, it started running like it was missing... I lifted tank back up and it started running fine... So now I'm back on fuel pump rely and wiring to figure out why the pumps losing power after it starts.. And im ordering carb syn tool . Let u know what comes up

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the hose isn't pinch but when the tanks low on gas is not filling the carbs.. as long as the tanks full I'm good... I check I original fuel rely and it's testing bad... Got a new one and it's testing bad... Seen a fuel pump i think I'm going to order it... It bypasses the rely and cuts out when it get 3psi..

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
When you run without a pump, the back/bottom of the tank is actually lower than the carbs. This would be why it stops running when low but runs fine when full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts