Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 kawasaki zx9r with a 98 zr9 motor swap
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2000 zx9r with a 98 motor harness CDI box fuse box and regulator the bike runs great but after I get it started it sounds like a bunch of ball bearings moving around in the stator cover and I already froze up one starter it almost sounds like the starter is either still spinning or getting spun by the motor I checked the starter clutch and it moves freely clockwise and doesn't counterclockwise like it should thank you for your time

·
Registered
389 Posts
Take the stator cover off and check the mounting bolts inside, it sounds like one has come loose.

The C and E clocks are wired differently.

I believe you could of just put the E timing rotor onto the end of the C motor and the E wiring should work.

The crankcase breather attaches to the back of the airbox, and the other pipe from the lower righthand corner of the airbox goes to the secondary air system above the cam cover. The pipes top front of the carbs go out to the front of the fairings and splits into 2 and into each air scoup. the bike won't go much over 40 mph if this is not connected up, or at least the carb pipe is pointing forward into the airflow.

·
Registered
2000 kawasaki zx9r with a 98 zr9 motor swap
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already checked the bolts behind the stator cover it sounds like the starter clutch is not disengaging and is still spinning the starter as the motor is running I took the cover off and the starter clutch spins freely backwards like it should so I believe I need to pull the flywheel and change out the starter clutch that's the only thing I can think of that would be making that noise and I have had two starters now get destroyed they lock up and won't spin anymore. And I figured out the tubing for the carbs and everything what I did is split the line coming from the right side underneath of the airbox to the top of the motor and to the carbs since I don't have my Ram Air pieces the previous owner didn't have them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts