Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've a 98 zx9r, which I bough early this season. I love the bike!!! However, like every used bike it needed some work done. New tires, change fluids and filters, etc... However there is one thing that I noticed, but haven't been able to figure out what's causing it.

When I touch the front brake it makes a buzzing noise. This buzzing noise is louder at higher speeds and then it tones down as I come to a stop. I've taken the front calipers off and found nothing wrong with it nor the pads. I took it to a shop and had a mechanic test ride it. He heard the noise but said it is normal. Have anybody experienced this on your bikes? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Anderson

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
no not me ........ u may have a warped brake pad... do you feel it or only hear it??

·
Registered
236 Posts
it is normal.i have floating brake rotors and it is louder

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's Not Safe I'll Buy It As A Parts Bike? Lol

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
ok had a real good listen to my bike today and I have a faint whizzz sound when slowing down......... I just don't ride slow enough to hear it

not having a go at you ... my bike is just loud

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
mine too makes a whizzing noise

almost an electrical sound

will have to turn my ipod up!

THE BLACK SHADOW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gmac, yes you're right on it! The buzzing... sounds just like an electrical noise... I like your suggestion about the ipod! I think I'm going to get one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gmac, yes you're right on it! The buzzing... sounds just like an electrical noise... I like your suggestion about the ipod! I think I'm going to get one.

Thanks!
COOL BRETHIN JUST DON'T LET THE ADRENALINE GET THE BETTER OF YOU

THE BLACK SHADOW

·
Registered
498 Posts
hi there friend,

That's normal sound. My previous ZX-9R made the same sound. I changed the pad to EBC brake pads and it went away.... Don't worry, it's just the pad rubbing againts the floating disc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts