Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me with a problem. That I have already done alot to try and resolve my issue. I started wit repairing the dreaded grey wire which I re-soldered it on the ignition switch. I have put a new fuel pump, spark plugs have been cleaned and regap to proper specs.which the bike will crank but will not start and run. Also have changed the coils. I need help to figure out this problem. And also how can I check the cdi box to see if it's good or needs to be replaced

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Why did you resolder the grey wire to the ignition? If it send more or less than 6v to the CDI, it will turn over all day but never spark. I would bet your issue is still grey wire related.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Did this issue just start out of the blue or was something done to the bike and now the issues? Need a little back history. For the sake of your wallet don’t just start replacing parts, it usually doesn’t end well.
Also, I would doubt it is the CDI. They can be checked against values in the service manual.
Simple things like bad wiring/connections and loose/bad grounds are very common on these bikes. Likely something simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts