Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i have a 98 zx7-r, one day i started my ride, and the bike just kind of farted and turned off, i pulled over and the bike wouldn't start. rolled it back to the house, and three hrs later it started fine. i rode it for about a week or two and the same thing happened again, this time when i pulled over it did start, but 20 feet later it seized again, this time when i turned the key the dash did not even light up. with the key in the ignition on position there is voltage going upstream and downstream from battery to ignition and back again. my friend said it could be the icu so i ordered one, but that isnt the problem. i'm praying that someone had the same exact problem, and can give me an idea. battery is obviously hot, and we tried jumping it and all. ignition has current, but wont recognize the battery. any hep???

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
check your main fuse... thats the one thing that will prevent the entire bike from not having power, ive seen fuses go bad intermittently (work one second, then fail, then work again)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Not usually. Check to make sure the resistor in the ignition switch is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the inginition resistor is something that could make sense, what exactly is that? and where would that be located, would that be underneath the triple tree?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts