Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmmmmm, I was told it might be a 98. Has a re-issued data plate from the State of Ohio on it, and that's all I can find. Would I be able to tell by the # on the engine block?

EDIT: Seems to be closer to 94 or 95 (not an R?)

Engine: ZX750JE028xxx
KH1

???

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Hmmmmm, I was told it might be a 98. Has a re-issued data plate from the State of Ohio on it, and that's all I can find. Would I be able to tell by the # on the engine block?

EDIT: Seems to be closer to 94 or 95 (not an R?)

Engine: ZX750JE028xxx
KH1

???
By looking at the photos I can come to these conclusions:
1) The forks are 91-95 standard ZX7 forks. Either J or L models.
2) The clip ons appear to be from the 93-95 ZX7's or 7R's.
3) The engine is definitely not a 96 or newer ZX7 nor is it a 94-97 ZX9R.
4) The engine number indicates it's a ZX7.
A ZX9R's engine number would start out "ZX900B"
5) Judging by the clutch cover the engine appears to be a 91-95 ZX7.
6) The "J" designation on the engine code makes me think it's the first generation engine cases for the 91-95 ZX7's (91-93). If somebody with a 94 or 95 ZX7 would be kind enough to check their engine numbers we could possibly verify this and eliminate the 94-95 ZX7 as a possibility. A picture of the front of the engine would possibly eliminate the 94-95 ZX7 as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for your input, man! It is greatly appreciated. Again, I'm a GSXR/Katana guy.....you need info on them?, I'm more than happy to help. Outside of those bikes? I'm a moron. LOL

I've dis-assembled the entire bike, except for the motor itself, and beginning to part it out. Overall, except for some valve lash issues, and the cylinder bank being shot, the whole bike looks to be pretty decent. Starter works great, but not sure about the generator, since the motor doesn't turn over.

Now I just wish I could edit the titles of my threads to "94 ZX7" instead of a 98. lol

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Thank you very much for your input, man! It is greatly appreciated. Again, I'm a GSXR/Katana guy.....you need info on them?, I'm more than happy to help. Outside of those bikes? I'm a moron. LOL

I've dis-assembled the entire bike, except for the motor itself, and beginning to part it out. Overall, except for some valve lash issues, and the cylinder bank being shot, the whole bike looks to be pretty decent. Starter works great, but not sure about the generator, since the motor doesn't turn over.

Now I just wish I could edit the titles of my threads to "94 ZX7" instead of a 98. lol
The frame is a p model. It's somewhere between 96 and 2003. I have a bunch of oil cooled GSXR stuff myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts