Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 ZX11 I'm new to the Kawasaki thing anyway I was trying to get some information on being able to find parts for it because it seems like it's hard to find things for it so I was wondering if any of you guys with more knowledge would know if Parts off of other ZX bikes from other years or sizes would fit mine to make it easier to order parts when I need them any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Theres also kawasakipartshouse.com
Try any Kaw dealer for specific parts.
The ninja 1100 was a flagship model and ran long enough that aftermarket parts r still readily available too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but parts for the 1100 are so much higher than others I was hoping to find out if things swaped so I maybe could do some junkyard digging thanks for the info though

·
Registered
591 Posts
The front upper differs between a b c or d model, the difference is the ram air inlets, And the tail lights changes to from the older 11s so tail fairings is iffy. , im pretty sure tank and side and belly pans are the same.

Lookie here:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So
The front upper differs between a b c or d model, the difference is the ram air inlets, And the tail lights changes to from the older 11s so tail fairings is iffy. , im pretty sure tank and side and belly pans are the same.

Lookie here:

So you think the rear fairings would swap out for up to like a 02 model zx1? I like the seat cover they have

·
Registered
591 Posts
I do not know that answer to that,
Google and others on this web site are going to be your best friend with questions like that.
I had a 98 11 for 17 years so I can tell you all about that one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do not know that answer to that,
Google and others on this web site are going to be your best friend with questions like that.
I had a 98 11 for 17 years so I can tell you all about that one
Very cool then you're definitely a go-to guy did you ever have any trouble out of it

·
Registered
591 Posts
I really liked that bike, It fit me like a glove in stock form, I didnt have to raise the bars, lower the pegs, I have ridden more then a few 600 mile days on it.
From 1998 until 2015 it never left me stranded or made it home not under its own power. I had to change out a couple of fork seals, a few chains and sprockets, batteries, rebuilt the front calipers and get new rotors. And if I let it sit for 3 months, I would have to yank the carbs off and clear the pilot jets.
But having a teen age bike is worse then having teenagers reg money. I was having to mess with it more and more when taking it out on the long rides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really liked that bike, It fit me like a glove in stock form, I didnt have to raise the bars, lower the pegs, I have ridden more then a few 600 mile days on it.
From 1998 until 2015 it never left me stranded or made it home not under its own power. I had to change out a couple of fork seals, a few chains and sprockets, batteries, rebuilt the front calipers and get new rotors. And if I let it sit for 3 months, I would have to yank the carbs off and clear the pilot jets.
But having a teen age bike is worse then having teenagers reg money. I was having to mess with it more and more when taking it out on the long rides.
Well good to know mine seems to run well and it's been built and jetted I love it and for the price I got in it it's perfect

1 - 13 of 13 Posts