Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a ninja 250r 98 and i was starting it this morning and then all of a sudden the dase lights were dimming and then nothing there so i checked the solenoid fuse sure enough it was blown so put a new one in and nothing no lights still. idk whats wrong i know the solenoid is good i checked it and even tried a new one that i bought and still nothing idk whats wrong. i checked all the fuses none of them are broken. idk what to do know please help

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Fuse is there to keep circuit and components from burning up if the plus 12 VDc is shorted to ground. If it is repeatedly blowing a new fuse you probably have a short, often because the insulation wears thin or cracks and contacts something tied to ground. Use a DVM and trace the circuit looking for the short.

AFA your dimming lights and no lights, check the battery connections for corrosion or loose, make sure the battery ground is solid. Also could check or bring the battery into FLAPS for a load test. Bike batteries go bad with little notice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts