Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all another noob here got a question for some of u zx7r gurus.
i jus bought a 97 7xzr wit jus over 20k on it it developed a noise when my friend owened it i bought it cheap. I didnt hear it run yet but i tried starting it and u can hear the noise i have it at a local shop now jus wondering what u would think it is. He had it looked at and his mechanic whos knows nothing i would guess said it could either be in the top end or bottom end any rec would b nice thanx

·
Registered
23 Posts
just pull it apart and check to see of the chain has slack in it. If it does and you have a manual tensioner just tighten it up. But you probably have an automatic tensioner but it never hurts to check, at least the tension on the chain anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know it has a automatic tensioner the only aftermarket stuff thats been done to it is a full muzzy flushmounts, undertail jetted for the pipe and a k&n filter

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea just toss in a new chain and tensioner. Engine is fairly easy to drop. Just got done dropping the engine on my 2001 zx6r to do timing and paint the frame. GoodLuck man and keep us posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill keep everyone posted if i got my digi cam back already id post the pics i have of it im also lookin for the seat cowl if anyone has one for sale id buy it i wanan rip it down next yr and chrome everything not this yr thought dont have the funds

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well went over the garage and started screwin with the 7 and found out the fuel pump isnt turning on and havent gone any father due to not having a book id post some pics but i have no idea how

1 - 10 of 10 Posts