Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
I am in the market for some braided brake lines. I have been having a hard time finding the right ones. Some companies will make the lines for 98 onwards. any recomendatios?
I got mine from 1tail.com (the HEL brand front and rear in translucent red with black banjo bolts). They were direct replacement. I opted for the race lines which connects both front lines directly to the master cylinder for better feel (also eliminates the 3 line setup that comes stock).

For the record, 96-03 should be interchangeable.

Here's the link:

http://www.1tail.com/Brakes/Kawasaki_ZX7R_Brake_Lines/

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
No problems whatsoever from these:

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
96-03 are all the same crap.

· Registered
165 Posts
No problems whatsoever from these:

+1

I'm with Squidge...Unless you plan on hitting the track, why pay all that money for the "name" on the lines. I got a complete set, front and rear - custom colored at that, for less than half of what the Galfer's cost (of course I got 'em on sale, but still...). For the street, steel braided is steel braided...

· Registered
674 Posts
I got spiegler lines. Expensive but they sell a whole kit that comes with 2 front brake lines (or 3 if you want to keep the original setup), 1 clutch, and 2 rear brake.

You can customize the color of the brake lines, fittings, and banjo bolts. You can also choose the type and angle of the fittings which is nice/neccessary depending on your caliper/master cylinder setup.

They also advertise that their fittings are rotatable by using a special tool (which the kit comes with). I'm not sure if this is a unique feature of spiegler lines or if all steel lines can do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.