Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a bearing on the rear 96-03 brake caliper mount?

I am asking because I put custom extended swing arms on my 95, and the kit called for a 96-03 style mount. The caliper is the same (95 and 96 are the same caliper, bolts right up) but the mount is different... (95 uses a torque bar, 96 caliper mount does not)

I looked up the axels, they are the same on the 96 and the 95.. so I am good there..

So I orderd a 96-03 mount from ebay. I noticed on my 95 bracket, there is a bearing packed into the axel hole... on the 96 bracket I don't see a bearing (in the repair manual I see no bearing installed either)

So what gives? It just doesnt use a bearing?

For reference..
96-03 rear brake mount

95 rear brake mount

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The 93-95 is designed to swing, even if it's miniscule because of the torque arm. The 96+ is rigid mounted therefore no need for a bushing or needle bearing.

Josh

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 93-95 is designed to swing, even if it's miniscule because of the torque arm. The 96+ is rigid mounted therefore no need for a bushing or needle bearing.

Josh
Gotcha. I thought the bearing was there because the axle moved, but HELLO the axle does not move...

I am so sorry I wasted our time asking.

Awesome, so everything will line up perfectly. Thanks again Josh, youve been a big help!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Got some pics of your progress? We like pics around here...

Josh

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Dammit you're like a pic ninja...

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts