Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was rode my bike last week and everything was fine, but when I try starting my bike Wednesday it didn't want to start. I didn't smell any gas or anything. So then I thought it was the battery so I decide to recharge it, and it still won't start. I know its not the spark plugs because they were changed last year or the fuel pump, which was repaired by the previous owner. What can be the issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi,

I was rode my bike last week and everything was fine, but when I try starting my bike Wednesday it didn't want to start. I didn't smell any gas or anything. So then I thought it was the battery so I decide to recharge it, and it still won't start. I know its not the spark plugs because they were changed last year or the fuel pump, which was repaired by the previous owner. What can be the issue?

Thanks
Is gas getting to the carbs? If not its your fuel pump relay or your fuel pump its self. Also these bike need volts if its 11 volts it will not start.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,477 Posts
Make sure the fuel lines aren't clogged or kinked. Does it turn over or does it click?

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Sounds like carbs are gunked up. Could be ignition though. If the L models have the grey wire issue like the P models I'd check that too.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yeah if nothing electrically then you have bigger fish to fry first.. Sorry I was just waking up when I posted. Guess I should stop doing that LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
does it click, tick, or make any kind of noise when you try to start it or try to turn over at all?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does it click, tick, or make any kind of noise when you try to start it or try to turn over at all?
Its doesn't make any noise or turn, I recharged the battery and still nothing. But according to manual they said it could be the carbs.
I'll try jumping it

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is it in neutral? Clutch held in? Or are you trying to start it in gear? Check all the simple things first. Is the kill switch in the run position?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got it to work. It was the battery even thou I recharged it. So I jump it with my car and I still didn't work. Then I decided to put the choke half way instead of full and it worked. What do you think caused it?

·
Registered
272 Posts
the batt i got from state 8 sux gluds bad. i have to keep mine on a charger to start even tho itll turn the motor over alot, it doesnt have enough juice to kick it on especially when cold. even less when its cold outside. my solution i was going to do was get a car audio batt or ballistic evo8 batt. also i clean and regap my spark plugs 2 times a season. makes for easier starts warm and cold.
bit confused, u saying it doesnt turn over or just doesnt want to fire??

·
Registered
843 Posts
the batt i got from state 8 sux gluds bad. i have to keep mine on a charger to start even tho itll turn the motor over alot, it doesnt have enough juice to kick it on especially when cold. even less when its cold outside. my solution i was going to do was get a car audio batt or ballistic evo8 batt. also i clean and regap my spark plugs 2 times a season. makes for easier starts warm and cold.
bit confused, u saying it doesnt turn over or just doesnt want to fire??
I have a ballistics 12 cell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts