Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 95 zx7 and in trying to figure out why i get nothing when i hit the starter (still get dash lights) i found out i have no earths other then the big main one... the 2 black and yellow wires with the male and female connectors were joined together... im pretty sure theyre supposed to go to seperate earths on the frame or engine but i cant find the connectors they should be plugged into... im assuming the previous owner removed them?

i bought the bike not going

· Registered
1,816 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had a read of that thread but couldnt really see where the earth wires go to from the pics.. in one of them it looks like one goes to underneath the right hand side bolt that holds the tank bracket?

these are the two earth wires, i assume theyre both for the frame seeing as the engine gets the big cable straight from the battery

· Banned
3,604 Posts
I ran into the same issue with mine and just made grounds. I put one where the alternator goes and the other to the frame under one of the fairing brackets.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks heaps! someone snipped that wire and left 10mm :s i wonder what they were thinking... having a look at some of the microfiches it looks like the other wire might just go to the main battery earth cable?... i cant find any evidence of anything being snipped there though... all else fails ill stick the second earth wire anywhere

· Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, if you can drill and tap a hole, or just weld/solder a connector or bolt to the frame you should be fine. The only other ground wire I could find is the big one going from the battery to the engine. (Aside from all the ground wires from connectors that go into the god awful "electical tape" wrapping)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.