Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my old 95 ZX7 for a ride and having a lil issues. I was practicing some launches for a drag race tomorrow, from a launch it pulls great. Then when I shift into 2nd and get to about 7000 rpm and it jumps back into neutral. If I shift back into second and then straight to 3rd, 3rd holds all the way thru the revs. Sound like clutch or shift mechanism problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
27 Posts
2nd gear dog, it's gone, i had the same on my 88 gsxr, tried replacing it but usually it and it's synchro partner are shot, I hoped against hope that the selector had worn but after putting up with it between races I ended up having to swap out 2nd gear. If your racing then you may want to replace the whole gearset, were not very kind to the lower gears, the taller ones hold in there because of less torque being indirectly thrown through them, but 1 and 2 take a bruising, don't know why 2nd always seems to be the one that goes on me as well. Last time I took mine apart I was shocked to see how bat the gears were and ended buying another bottom end and just replacing it, much less hassle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's worse than I hoped, but makes sense. Guess I can't complain to much, picked it up for $300, put in a battery and rode it. I'm gonna try short shifting 2nd for the races, then work on having them done. It won't give me the et, but fun none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts