Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am trying to put my 95 ZX-9R back to stock. I'm trying to figure out the size of the main jet and pilot jet. The manual I downloaded says the mains are 190s and the pilots are 35s. OK, fine Jimbo, why don't you go with that? Mainly because of all the different numbers I read on here. I've read 190, I've read 200, and I've read that the ends are 170s and the middles are 180. Does anyone have a definitive answer for a 95 ZX-9R?

Thanks,

·
Registered
847 Posts
according to the kawasaki service manual the jet sizes are

- main jet 190
main air jet 50
air bled pipe 0.6mm for 1 and 4, 0.5mm for 2 and 3
needle jet #6
Pilot jet (slow jet) #35
Pilot air jet (slow air jet) #120

For high altitude the pilot jet #32, the main jet #185

It is interesting to me that the jet needles are different on 1 and 4 to 2 and 3.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. Next question, the OP claimed to have a stage one jet kit installed, and a D&D pipe. I think if I want to go back to stock all I have to do is install an OEM pipe, 190 main jets, 35 slow jets, and set the idle mixture screws at 1.5. Right? A jet kit doesn't replace any of that other stuff, does it?

The needles look stock, btw. They don't have clips or any adjustability. My thought is that the OP (or his mechanic) installed the big jets, but didn't bother to flip the carbs over to replace the needles or drill the holes in the diaphram.

Btw, how do you know the needles are different sizes? I didn't realize that when I took the carbs apart. Lucky I did them one at a time!

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm only looking at the service manual. I suppose you could measure them....somewhere... I don't know if you could "eyeball" the difference in the needles.

I think you are on the right track. However the jet kits I'm familiar with come with needles, springs, and main jets (and tools to do the slide drilling if used).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts