Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for shit and giggles I wanted to see how loud my muffler really was . At low RPM's ( I do a lot of town riding ) it sounds beast . So after I let my bike warm up I reved it up almost to tack it out maybe about a thousand less from tacking and notice my muffler spit flame ! I was excited but then thought mybe its doing it becoouse combustion if off ? Idk u guys tell me . Bought the bike this way. 160 across w/ D&D slip on

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is the air /fuel mix right ? What can cause this ? Does this have to do with the muffler its self ?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Just dont do it again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want it to do it . Just want to no what is causing it to make it look like I'm at the track packin tons of pounds of boost .

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
lots of unburnt fuel in the exhaust will do it. Happened while working on a friends bike. Looked really cool in the dark.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So should I check my float hight ? Smaller jets ? Pilots ? What about spark plugs ? ... Or should I just leave it as is ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
a rich condition will cause that. but the fact that you reved it close to red line, with no load on the motor could be the culprit. My dirt bike would shoot flames while I was reving it waiting for the gates to drop. The carb was tuned and I was running pump gas.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think u guys are understanding me ... or could be I'm not asking the right question ...maybe a combination of both

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
The Jetting of the bike should be set up so that, when at speed the ram air is functioning, so more air means more fuel needed...

when you are at a stand still you are still dumping the same fuel in but not burning it because there is not enough air, so you have a rich condition...

if you are saying that you are running 160 mains across that could be part of the problem, the outside cylinders are running too rich...

best to pull the plugs and read them...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts