Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this 94 zx7 for 350 dollars. I have owned Yamaha 04 R6 and 03 R6 and a 99R1 that was carb but ran when I got it. The ZX7 has 28xxx miles on it, starts and runs but the idle is up and down I assume carbs need clean as the guy said it sat for 10 months. Came with new front fairings. ( I had to install) love the fairings as you can bend them without breaking are cracking.. I will be searching the forums for carb cleaning on this bike as I never messed with carbs before

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
$350 with 28,000 miles.Wow,good buy.That 7 looks like a great and solid foundation to start with for a awesome future 7.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
That was steal man! If you go to YouTube and search for carb cleaning how to, there's a 3 part series thats very detailed in how to clean them. Just had my carbs cleaned and she purrs like a kitten now.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fairings looks like Maiers... Good fairings.

Josh

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Sweet deal! I think you stole it for that price.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Wow! not bad at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fairings looks like Maiers... Good fairings.

Josh
They are, he paid 600 dollars as I found the recipe. He was asking 500obo on bike but his wife said 350 now and it’s yours so I loaded it up and was shocked when you gave me the plastic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was steal man! If you go to YouTube and search for carb cleaning how to, there's a 3 part series thats very detailed in how to clean them. Just had my carbs cleaned and she purrs like a kitten now.
Thanks I am searching for the vids now

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so I took the bike for a ride and and it started running better and now idles. so I might not have to clean the carbs after all. but I notice a few drops of oil coming from the shifter/clutch area so I assume I have a gasket leaking? Guess I will dig into it after work. what gearing is everyone running on there zx7 bikes?? Thanks for the help and support......

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is the Clutch slave cylinder leaking should be an easy fix just search on the forum for everyone else that had this issue:)

Also, Seriously Dam.. 350$

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If the pushrod oil seal is leaking it's a PITA on the L models... the P models have it easy.

Josh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I removed the Clutch slave cylinder and motor oil was all inside, leaving a trail from where it’s coming from, yes it’s the pushrod seal and it looks like a PITA to change. Less I have to find an online parts store to order from as no Kawasaki dealer nearby. Where is the best online supplier for the zx7 bikes? Thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thats all you need. And engine oil. Its real easy to change, ive done it about 10x times, lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts