Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 1995 zx9r, anyone else out there have a 94-97 and what mods did you do to it, i am looking for a cage and a 12 bar but with no luck...other things too but looking for some input on this...anyone??

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 95 zx9.
it has a k&n air filter, pingel petcock, blue urethane fuel lines, golan fuel filter, dyna coils,crank trigger,nology hotwires, scotts oil filter, factor pro shift kit, Muzzys exhaust system (a muffler is not a system), a couple jet kits,red galfer lines, pp tuning rearsets, bobbed rear fender, clear l.e.d. tail light w/integrator, and a lot of wax.
parts are very hard to find. after it turned ten years old i saw companys stop carrying parts overnight. im not familiar with what your talking about. what do they do?
computer is being strange. words change when i go back over them

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
chavez_1232 said:
hey i have a 1995 zx9r, anyone else out there have a 94-97 and what mods did you do to it, i am looking for a cage and a 12 bar but with no luck...other things too but looking for some input on this...anyone??
Unfortunately these bikes came out before the bling bits came in, for the most part I think you will have to go custom.
Same trouble in this neck of the woods:banghead

·
Registered
462 Posts
yep yep

most of the stuff for this bike that put out is pretty basic. If you want something different your gonna have to make it yourself. Thats what I did.

Lowered front, no undertray, moved comp pieces and battery to space below carb (use lots of heat wrap!!!), sprayed the bike down in all black,and am integrating turn signals into the tail light.

I also have the usual mods done like an exhaust (Vance and Hines) end canister from an old gsx1100, a K&N filter and jet kit from ebay, some new Dunlops (also from ebay), a set of EBC pads, and some Sharksinz bodywork (yes, from Ebay).

To say I'm low budget would be an understatement.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
but your getting there

·
Registered
6 Posts
what stock parts do u have for zx9. I bought a 94 zx9 but it was wrecked and im rebuilding it so any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i have rear passenger mounts and pegs and front brake calipers and front master cylinder with lever 75.00 shipped for all of it .ill take a pic if you want?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What sprocket sizes do the 94-97 ZX9R's have?

I'm thinking about going down a size in the front sprocket and two up in the rear sprocket. Has anyone changed their sprockets?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I' am new hear but, but i have a very nice bike a Zx9r all costom, any one needs a answer on any thing i have done it, My mechanic is the Champ in Canada. I do quarter mail. My bast was 9:98 at 150, 6 years ago.
My Motor is stock base but has a big bore 1056 and Flat side cards and cams and ported heads, stage 2, with a full Muzzy excuse, I have 120 Dyno runs just to give you a idea, I have 160 rhp and about 180 on the motor> Top speed is 195 remember this is at least 8 years ago, I have averting chromed So any questions let me now, I hop i can answer them, Be safe...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts