Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these flushmount blinkers of ebay, a real nice pair of little plastic pieces that every sportbikes should have made by targa, and a pair of a set of adapters to allow me to fit them to my bike.
:rofl

Unfortunately, :banghead whenever i put them in all the way, they push the airbox out of the way.
(which is located right inside that little hole)

I spent some money on these pieces so I'm going to make them work, but I also am not going to jeopardize the performance of my bike by cutting through the airbox/ramair so i can mount some signals.

I think I'm probably going to cut the bottom of the signal base (the part in #2 that's "x"ed out) because that much at the base is really not needed as you can see. All it will do will push the light closer to the lens, which I'm alright with, but if anyone hase any better idea's that can save my blinkers and airbox, I'm listening.

Any B series owners (or anyone!) please help!

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
is it the air box or more the bug catcher that is in the way??

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically, i guess you call what the blinkers pushing is the ram air ducting, the airbox actually resides under the gas tank. It's completely necassary the way intake stacks are necassary, so i don't want to create a leak by cutting it open. Not sure how it is on your newer 9 but on mine theres only a 1 piece chamber that leads directly to the airbox then to the carbs. There was a 2nd smaller "bladder" below the ramair chamber that I removed. I believe it was some kind of water duct, to keep water out of the airbox. I removed both of these (1 on each side) and theres been no noticable difference in breathing.

And I'm not sure what you mean by bug catcher, but on my nine, the only thing that could be referred to as a bug catcher is the screens that where protecting the front of the intake, which I took out.

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
There was a 2nd smaller "bladder" below the ramair chamber that I removed. I believe it was some kind of water duct, to keep water out of the airbox. I removed both of these (1 on each side) and theres been no noticable difference in breathing
Opps yep I meant the ram air duct, the bug catcher is what you removed.... ie the little bladder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.