Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a bad leak under a side plate that my slave cyl seats on when i run the bike all of my oil leaks onto my chain and gets slung everywhere. when I meen it all I meen it all its insane when I start it and let it idle it will drip but when i run and moove it around it pours like the niagra I am wondering if there is a possibility that there may be a bad seal where the sprocket goes into the tranny, and also if I remove the slave will I have to bleed it on reinstallation. Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I have looked further into it and it seems like it could be the drive shaft seal or the slave seal. will I need to split the case if it is the drive seal and if so can I do that with the motor in the bike...

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Ok I have looked further into it and it seems like it could be the drive shaft seal or the slave seal. will I need to split the case if it is the drive seal and if so can I do that with the motor in the bike...
You can't split the cases with the engine in the frame. It's not something to try either. Is the fluid brake fluid or oil. Oil would be from the engine seal. Brake fluid would be from the clutch slave cylinder. That's easier one to fix. The other doesn't require engine removal or case splitting either.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I have removed the slave and the side pan and wow talk about a mess it took me probably an hour to clean all that sludge and crap just to get a good look at my front sprocket. does anyone kno wich way I turn the bolt holding it on and also I have decided to go with a new chain when I put it back together, but I am not sure if I should put new sprockets on. Along with replacing the main drive seal is there a way I could inspect the main drive bearing to ensure it isnt the reason the seal wore out... Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the job super simple actually I chose to pull the motor split the tranny and do all the drive bearings runs like a top and no leaks.. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts