Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

93 zx7r swingarm swap

11K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  92Ninjas 
#1 ·
what swingarms are compatible for my 93 zxr750 L1? I have an extended one and would like to switch it back to a stock arm. i am also up for anyone who would like to trade/sell their stock swingarm. color does not matter.

#3 ·
I need somethin stock, im tired of not being able to eat my corners like i want. I also need it to be money practical as well. I wouldnt mind doin the 10r swap as long as there isnt that much of a cost difference. Are you tradin yours?

#4 ·
I just have the 93-95 swingarm laying around collecting dust.

If you want I can load some pics later. There is a little rash near the adjustment hash marks on one side, but no scratches or gouges. The chain slider was sold a long time ago though.

I think I still have the pivot axle if you need that too.

Josh

#5 ·
pics wouldnt hurt. I dont think I need the pivot axle if im just going to take the extended arm out and put the stock one in. Is the chain slider on the top of the arm or on the bottom? I dont have a chain "guard/guide" that goes on top of the arm that protects the chain. just a small plastic insert on the arm so that it doesnt grind away on the arm when its loose.

#7 ·
ok... i dont have that :/ how much you want for your swingarm?

#11 ·
they are different swingarms. you need one specifically for 96-02

#12 ·
I have a spare 91-92 swingarm. The guys on RedMonkey over in the UK do this swap on 93-95's to save weight- Just like 57x said. (BTW- thanks S- part received yesterday:)

#18 ·
Roughly $500 for the VFR SSSA

#21 ·
For a 93-95, I believe so. The information is on here some where for it

#23 ·
Do the SA change from 97+?

#26 ·
Aw dam, here Im thinking they're the same from 96+ :banghead

#27 · (Edited)
It was Ram that made the single sided swingarm for the Raptor and the race teams. B.A.M. was the machinists behind the Kinko's AMA Muzzy team. They made parts mostly for the race teams. Not sure any of it every went to the general public, although I have a ton of their parts on my RR, albiet second/third hand.

#30 ·
I was:tard

#32 ·
I had a VFR swingarm on one of my L models I bought. It handled like ASS. While cool looking, the geometry just did not work. Best thing I ever did was sell the swingarm for more than I bought the bike for. I then put ZX7 swingarm back on and BANG, suddenly it started handling like these bikes were designed to do.

Don't get me wrong, I would grab a Ram swingarm in a blink, but I am still not convinced that it would handle better than a stock 7. I guess I hate bling for the sake of bling.

#33 ·
+1 :evil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.