Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what swingarms are compatible for my 93 zxr750 L1? I have an extended one and would like to switch it back to a stock arm. i am also up for anyone who would like to trade/sell their stock swingarm. color does not matter.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have a stock swingarm, currently satin black, but needs either fresh paint or powder coat.

Otherwise do a 10R swap.

Josh

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a stock swingarm, currently satin black, but needs either fresh paint or powder coat.

Otherwise do a 10R swap.

Josh
I need somethin stock, im tired of not being able to eat my corners like i want. I also need it to be money practical as well. I wouldnt mind doin the 10r swap as long as there isnt that much of a cost difference. Are you tradin yours?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I just have the 93-95 swingarm laying around collecting dust.

If you want I can load some pics later. There is a little rash near the adjustment hash marks on one side, but no scratches or gouges. The chain slider was sold a long time ago though.

I think I still have the pivot axle if you need that too.

Josh

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have the 93-95 swingarm laying around collecting dust.

If you want I can load some pics later. There is a little rash near the adjustment hash marks on one side, but no scratches or gouges. The chain slider was sold a long time ago though.

I think I still have the pivot axle if you need that too.

Josh
pics wouldnt hurt. I dont think I need the pivot axle if im just going to take the extended arm out and put the stock one in. Is the chain slider on the top of the arm or on the bottom? I dont have a chain "guard/guide" that goes on top of the arm that protects the chain. just a small plastic insert on the arm so that it doesnt grind away on the arm when its loose.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The plastic guard bolts onto the forward section of the swingarm and protects the top, bottom and the radius.

Josh

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plastic guard bolts onto the forward section of the swingarm and protects the top, bottom and the radius.

Josh
ok... i dont have that :/ how much you want for your swingarm?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I have a spare 91-92 swingarm. The guys on RedMonkey over in the UK do this swap on 93-95's to save weight- Just like 57x said. (BTW- thanks S- part received yesterday:)

·
6,664 Posts
they are different swingarms. you need one specifically for 96-02
It can work on a 96+, but you have to figure out a way to mount a boss for the brake stay. I had thought to mount one a foot or so up on the bottom of the swingarm instead of the frame. The bike thing you lose if you have to run a 5.5" wheel unless you are even more creative on getting the 96+ bracket to have a mount on the earlier swingarm. I was going to try but lost interest.

·
6,664 Posts
I almost did exactly that, but realized i could get a zx6r swingarm for about the same price. which was about the same amount of work. lighter, and used a lighter brake hanger and single piston caliper.
Agreed on all. I only put this as he seemed to want to stay to a ZX7 arm.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Pretty sure B.A.M. made a purposeful built one.
You can always try a Honda SSSA off any VFR750's.
I know it can be done

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pretty sure B.A.M. made a purposeful built one.
You can always try a Honda SSSA off any VFR750's.
I know it can be done
Roughly $500 for the VFR SSSA

1 - 20 of 33 Posts