Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm working on a deal with a guy to buy a 93 zx7r. it was two bike and as he said, he made them one. i'm guessing swaped engines. anywayz the problem is this. he says he got it running and then it died. but when you jump the solenoid it cranks... but then i talked to him and he says it will start with the solenoid jumped. so that can only mean one thing right? but what about a stator? does it have one? and could it be bad? i just need to shed some light on what is the worst case senario so i can make a good decision on if i should bother with it.

here is the listing for the zx7r

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=349556

·
Registered
438 Posts
Might be a decent little project. I have a starting issue with my 97. It sometimes woudlnt start and when I put jumped it off with my car it would crank right up everytime so I figured maybe it was the battery and that wasnt it. I ended up finding the problem on accident, it was the run/kill switch. I leave it in the run position now and just use the key to turn it off and it starts everytime. I dunno if thats the problem youre having or not but its worth a try. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, he mentioned the run/kill switch.. its very possible, but i might have to make my own for a bit. everyone on the hawaiian islands seem to be on part time. so i wouldn't expect a switch to be at any of the shops. maybe tho. i'll go to check it out later.. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts