Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've synced the carbs at temp and got them within perimeters and still has a mid rpm stumble that is causing me not to be able to sell it!! I am frustrated to my wits end and can't afford to take it anywhere so help me out please... 93 zx7 muzzy slip on is all that's done to it

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
By stumble, you mean you go WOT and there's a stumble before it accelerates?

At all RPM?

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
And not rejetted at all for the Muzzy? Are you sure?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only lower rpm where the stumble is. I pulled one of the pods off the carb and the clip is almost in the center of the rod and two small washers under the clip... So idk what's been done..

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Make sure all of them are at the same height. Your bike has been jetted.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
It bears repeating.

The meaning of the washers is to raise the height of the jet needle and deliver a higher rate of fuel at lower throttle positions/engine vacuum. But whatever rate it is set at, it should not allow AFR to vary outside its useful range of >13.5:1 - <14.7:1.* Power drops off significantly outside the useful range.

Seek out tuning CV carbs here on ZXF.

* AFR does go outside this range, but should not under positive throttle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks that's what it acts like,too much fuel. Smells rich also. I'm going to pull one washer out and see what happens if I can get the diaphragm screws out... They are tight!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have 2 sets of carbs for my 92 ZXR750 and neither of them have washers or circlips for the needles. Is this just a US option or is it only on aftermarket needle kits?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Does two washers sound like alot? What is the purpose of these washers? More fuel?
yes... remove the 2 washers from under the needle.... this will clear it right up... the needle is fueled too rich

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm hard headed o I tried it with just one washer and it helped a bunch but still stumbled so I removed the other and now it runs great when the fuel pump decides to work... Thanks guys for the help. Oh yea btw.... I had to weld a nut on four of the screws for the vacume pods to get them out.. PITA!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts