Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this and similar questions have been posted, but I can't remember hearing about this exactly, so, here it goes.

I've been working on my buddies 93' zx7. He wanted a valve cover gasket change and the carbs changed since his had been sitting in a storage unit for 4 years with fuel in them.

So we swap out the gasket. Toss the new carbs on, then we got to play the game of getting the tank on without pinching a fuel line. We're not good at that game. Any tips to this?

Anyways. We eventually got it so that it would run reliably with no stalling ect, but through first and second gear it falls on it's face between 6.5k and 6.7k rpms and then it screams off again. Now, My bike had a little lull there, but nowhere near this bad.

Then in 3,4,5, the engine is really boggy through about 8k then it smoothes out a bit after that.

So, We swapped the jets out of his old carbs which were "professionally tuned" and stuck in my carbs. Bike then ran really rich.

While we were doing that, We replaced the main fuel line with a braided stainless fuel line so we didn't have to play the tank game as much.

As a result of the richness, we put the jets out of my carbs back in, but we had the issue where my pilot jets would back out into the bowls. However, before they'd back out, it'd idle perfectly.

Anywho... sorry for the long story. Any idea on what's causing the bogging in 3,4,5, and 6?

·
Registered
272 Posts
i left the ones to the tank connected to the petcock assembly and disconneted at the filter. thus i can turn off the gas for both lines and remove the tank. id rather unbolt 2 bolts than smell like gas or have the gas check for fresh cuts on my skin. sounds like u might wanna return to the tuned jets and turn the afm down. hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts