Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie questions, got 93 zx7r m1 wondering if i can use carbs from a 96 or newer with some mods or just not possible?

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
newbie questions, got 93 zx7r m1 wondering if i can use carbs from a 96 or newer with some mods or just not possible?
The carb spacing is different. The 91-95's all interchange and the 96-03 will interchange. The location of the throttle cables is also different between the two generations. Save yourself a headache and just use carbs for the correct generation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carb spacing is different. The 91-95's all interchange and the 96-03 will interchange. The location of the throttle cables is also different between the two generations. Save yourself a headache and just use carbs for the correct generation.
It seems rebuild parts are scarce for my pretty old flatsides, just brainstorming. thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
Rebuild parts are interchangeable between the FCR39s and FCR41s if you mean gaskets and stuff... The FCR39s are just bored down versions of the FCR41s. Other than that they are more or less the same thing.

Another major difference between the K/M FCRs vs the N FCRs is that from the factory the K/M had acceperator pumps on carbs 2 and 4 while the N had pumps on 2 and 3 so float bowls arn't interchangable in sets.... but other than that jets, gaskets etc. should be fine.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A little late to the party here.

I put 93 L1 CV "normal" carbs on my M1. Runs great, easy to ride. Flatsides will go on someday or with the next owner. I spent lots of time and money on the flatslides, which could have been used elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts